Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges August *Tranquility* Sketch Challenge Winner Posted!!!

This topic contains 39 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by GinnyH GinnyH 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    droopidog
    droopidog
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

We hope you will join us for the August sketch challenge! Our August sketch challenge runs until September 31st and is open to EVERYONE! Upload your layout into the Facebook Gallery August *Tranquility* Sketch section of the Swirlydoos Gallery and you will be entered to win a fantastic prize pack from Swirlydoos!

Check this sketch challenge thread often to see what the designers and other members have created using this sketch for inspiration!

Here is the sketch:

How about some inspiration for the DT.

Ginny

Kim

Jan

Bec

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by droopidog droopidog.

Kim
      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

pala
      pala
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Here is my entry for the sketch challenge…a photo of my Son, Larry and the Maid of Honor at a wedding. She asked him to clasp her necklace when we took the photo.
        I burned the edges with a candle, made Prima paper clay flowers and leaves and painted them with magicals and silks. Used the Prima Mold for the artifact under the photo and treated it with VerDay. Chandelier is Black Embossed and title is Cricut Cut…Adore

Adore

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by pala pala.
        Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Love the sketch and the DT LO’s are stunning!

Merrihew
          Merrihew
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Barbara, gorgeous LO! Your flowers are fantastic! Love the artifact your made!

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Adore

Gorgeous – love the trims and that wonderful chandelier!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

The Tranquility Collection by Blue Fern Studios is perfect for vintage photos; I’ve used the Calm pattern paper as a base for my layout.

I decided to try using the Ranger Distress Grit Paste that came in the August Mediums Add-On with one of my favorite stencils (Prima #560898) to create a background and I’m so pleased with the results – a clear white with a lot of texture.
                The Mediums Kit also came with several jars of BFS embossing powders, in Mushroom and In the Navy. I’ve used these on my chipboard butterflies from Bo Bunny, part of the Embellishment Add-On.

Once all was prepped and dried, I matted my photos with some scraps before adhering them to the base.
                Next, I took some lace that I’ve had for quite a while and used it to create a border on the bottom of the images, as well as a strip in the upper corner.
                Some of the flowers are from the Flower Add-On; most are from my stash. (Yes, I’m really trying to use up my er, collection.)
                Also from the collection are a crystal dangle and the Melissa Frances resin banner that has become my title.

The woman in the first photo is my mother; the men in the second are three of her four brothers, my Uncles Vinny, Pat and Paul. They were standing in my grandmother’s back yard behind the garage and in front of her rock garden.
                The back of the photos were stamped “March 1943”, but the trees in the background are too full for a March in western New York; in fact, they wouldn’t have started to bud yet. Judging from the sweaters that my mother and Uncle Pat were wearing, I’m guessing that they were taken in October, 1942.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Beautiful, Barbara. That chandelier is a great touch.

Peggy, love how you pulled the blues out in your layout. Still jealous of that stencil, too.

pala
                  pala
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Very Pretty Peggy…I am liking that stencil too!!!

anniescraps
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Where do I begin?
                      The DT LO’s are gorgeous!! Just what I needed to motivate me to get scrapping!

Barbara – What a beautiful LO! Where did you get that chandelier? LOVE it!!!

Peggy – OMG!! Your LO is beautiful and I wholeheartedly agree with Jan, you really did pull the blues out perfectly. Those photos are timeless, you really complimented them with your design choices.

GinnyH
                      GinnyH
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Adore

Gorgeous – love the trims and that wonderful chandelier!!!
                        <hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-451936″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

Gorgeous page Barbara! That chandelier is stunning, I love how you have done the candles and the bling on it. Love your background stencilling and the photo corner too!

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
                        GinnyH
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Peggy your layout is beautiful, the blues are all so pretty and your flowers all merge beautifully. The photos are wonderful, fascinating to see these old photos! I like that stencil too!

ginny 🙂

StephD
                          StephD
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Gorgeous samples from the DT ladies!

Barbara your layout is amazing with the the black and blue tones and the distressing!

Peggy this is sooo pretty, love that blue butterfly!

Bec
                            Bec
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Gorgeous layout Peggy and Barbara ❤❤❤❤

Hanne
                              Hanne
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Hope I’m not too late, but at least I did finnish this layout at last.

null

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Hanne Hanne.

http://hanneshjorne.blogspot.no/

GinnyH
                                GinnyH
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Hanne I love this, the three photos fit perfectly with the colouring of the layout, I love the chippie treatment, the leafy flourishes and the lovely stencil work in the background!

ginny 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.