Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Baby Marshal arrived at 2lbs 3oz

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

My dd had life threatening liver complications and had to deliver 2-1/2mos early. (Her liver was ready to burst, her blood pressure soared over 200 all this within an hours time) she was rushed from one hospital to another and they had to put her under to deliver. This was her 1st touch at 10:30pm – he was bo 3/26 at 4:40am.

Mom and baby are doing GREAT! Sierra was released from the hospital yesterday but they say little Marshal has to stay until his due date of June 15th.

The hospital is saving all of his items but I'm not sure how I want to keep them. I was thinking at first a shadow box, but then I was thinking those large book type boxes that you see at Michaels and doing something with that.

Any ideas? I have the premie x-tra small diaper and his first foot & fingerprints and some bands, they took him off the lights so I'll have his little goggles next but considering everything is so lumpy I'm not sure how to preserve it.
    normal_20130326222950.jpg

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Congrats on the safe delivery of your grandson!!!
      So happy that mother and son are doing well

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Carol, I'm so, so glad that everyone's fine, how scary that had to have been!!!!
        And so, congratulations to you and to your dd!!!!

As for preserving Marshall's things, what a great question!!!
        These things are so tiny; why not go into the wood section @ Michael's and see if they have anything like a chest. You could line it and cover it with all sorts of paper and trims….

They have those books — that the spine looks like the old time spendy books – you open them up and it's like a box. So I was thinking something like but then I was trying to figure out on the inside maybe doing a cardboard type book with huge binder rings – so one can flip the pages for each week that he grew more and lost all those nasty IV's and monitors. I only get 1 of each thing so I have to really think this through.

And it's going to be a fight between me and his daddy cuz he has a shoebox he wants to put things in. I just want to showcase it more….so the eye goggles are thing we are going to fight over – I'm hoping I can talk the nurse into giving us another pair – but then who gets the real pair?????? My dd does not scrapbook but I did get her a Smash book baby style so she could at least joual daily for each new thing that happens (I hope).

normal_20130327210956~1.jpg

So so tiny!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I like the idea of a shadow box! I have seen several on Pinterest filled with baby items and arranged in really cute ways. So glad everyone is okay!

I didn't think of looking there – I was there because the baby shower is now less than 2 wks and now I am so un prepared as I spent the whole at the hospital too — which hurt the paycheck – and the theme is teal & turtles and you cannot find either in local cheap stores. But that is good idea to check there – thanks!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

So glad Mom and baby are doing well, that can be so scary! My daughter was almost 2 months early and she weighed 4 lbs, I still have some of her premie diapers and when I look at them and look at her now 5'9 and 135 lbs and will be 22 next Monday it just amazes me at how tiny she was. I wish I had scrapbooked back then!

Glad to hear mommy and baby are doing well! Congratulations on your grandson!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Congratulations on your new grandson and bless you all! What a precious pic!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I think a shadowbox would be gorgeous. You could spray everything with the neutralizing spray and use the back of the shadowbox to mount everything…then have it professionally sealed behind UV protective glass. Once daddy sees it he will much prefer it over a shoebox I'm sure.

Congrats honey!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I'm so glad to hear mom and baby are doing well. Congrats on your new grandson.

wow that is so cool. I know that Sierra was so worried but in the hall between the Ronald McDonald House and NICU are pics of premies & of today – but nothing was saying that all they are all short people or anything like that. So that's awesome being so tiny and growing so tall. I keep telling Sierra not to worry as her older brother was 5lbs 11oz and he's now 6ft4in.

But then I was reading as he is the only Aries in the family and it said action junkie so are we fore seeing more hospital visits????!!!! Marshal's daddy thought it was funny – Sierra didn't.

Now I have a baby shower next weekend and totally do not know what to do – the theme is Teal & Turtles — neither are items that you find readily. I couldn't find any turtle things to do the invitations – only frogs. So glad I had 1 cricut cartridge with a turtle. The pics are on my camera so I'll post those later. So I have to come up with some cheap things as my paycheck is practically zero now.

After being in the hospital for 12hrs a day for a week – I am so glad she was discharged. Now it's just timing the baby visits as Mom & Dad are the only two who can visit by themselves. I just can't wait to touch him – let alone hold him.

So glad Mom and baby are doing well, that can be so scary! My daughter was almost 2 months early and she weighed 4 lbs, I still have some of her premie diapers and when I look at them and look at her now 5'9 and 135 lbs and will be 22 next Monday it just amazes me at how tiny she was. I wish I had scrapbooked back then!

I never thought about putting glass on top. Maybe I can persuade Daddy to forget his shoebox and he can have the shadowbox and Mommy can have the book box. Thanks for that idea!

I think a shadowbox would be gorgeous. You could spray everything with the neutralizing spray and use the back of the shadowbox to mount everything…then have it professionally sealed behind UV protective glass. Once daddy sees it he will much prefer it over a shoebox I'm sure.

Congrats honey!!

Awww what a doll he is. COngrats. Sooooooo glad they are doing well!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.