Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Back From CHA!!

This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Yes, I made it home safe as well. After I dropped off Barbara at the shuttle stop, I went back to the hotel and showered and dressed. Then headed straight to CHA as Krissy and Kim were headed out to scope out a wonderful place that you may hear about in the future. I got to the entrance of CHA before they let us in, and as soon as they let us in , it was a mad dash to the Graphic 45 booth. The first 45 people got the Happy Haunting 12 x 12 paper pad. I SCORED ONE!!! Then over to Tim Holtz Booth where I got a free stamp set, and I also got a free Sizzix emboss and die cut set. Then I just went from booth to booth buying what I needed. All wholesale. And I managed to sneak in a little meeting I had scheduled at 11. Wish I had someone with me, cause I was all alone!! I left CHA at 1pm, got back to the hotel and checked out. Then as soon as I got on the shuttle to the airport, Kim and Krissy got back and was going to pick me up at the hotel, but I told them to meet me at the airport. Krissy and I checked our bags, then Kim took us into to town for lunch. We got back to the airport at right before 3, I hung out with Krissy till she boarded, then I went to my terminal and within 30 minutes, I was on the plane flying home. I got in at 9pm…so nice to get home, but so sad to leave CHA. Barbara was the best roomie along with Krissy and Kim being the best CHA, restaurant hopping companions! Wish we all could have stayed till the end!! There were so many make and takes I did. The blingie shoes were all gone. I didn't get to go that one. But I went back to Carolyns Crystals and made a necklace, bracelet and oament. I got more done in 4 hours than we did in 3 days! Well hell, it was a business trip, and I really hope we helped Krissy build the next 6 kits. Although Kim and I drove her nuts when we picked another November Kit after we had matched all the flowers and embellies to the one Krissy had picked out!! That's OK, she still loves us. We love you!!!!! {{{{{{{smooches}}}}}}}

On another note:
    While I was at the airport, my sister called me to tell me my grandmother was with Hospice. It wont be long till she is with the angels. Not sure how long she will last. I am headed out there on Monday, hoping she will still be with us long enough for me to say goodbye…although every time I saw her, I made sure I let her know I loved her like it was the last time I would see her. She led a great life. At 97 years old, for me there will be no grieving, Just a celebration of her life and the legacy that she will be leaving. She will finally be with my grandfather and that will make her the happiest of all!! But please pray for my mother who is not ready to let her go. We are never ready to let our parents go, but for some reason or other, my mom is taking this horribly. And it makes me feel guilty for not being sad like that. Yes, I will be devastated when my grandma leaves us, but I see it a different way. She wasn't sick, with a deadly disease, she isn't in pain, she didn't have a horrible life, she is just tired…So so tired after 97 years of a wonderful full life.
    I want to celebrate her life, not grieve over her death. I cry as I tell you I will miss her more than anything in the world. She is everything I strive to be. She taught me so much!! Everyone loves her. And as far as I know, no one ever said a bad thing about her. That doesn't surprise me. so sorry about the long post. I ask you to join me in prayer.
    xoxoxo
    Lisa

Prayers up for you and your family.

I am glad you got back safe, missed CHA. 🙁 Maybe next year.

BUT, I know the place! ;) I hope it was fabulous.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Lisa, glad you're safely home. So sad about your Grand mother you're right she had a beautigul life and she will be with beloved.

Hugs!!!!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh Lisa, i am so glad you made it home safely. I so enjoyed you, Barbara and Krissy so much. Hope i showed you some Chicago hospitality. I miss you guys terribly already.

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will say a special prayer for your mother and the rest of your family.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I am already missing you guys too!! I wish I had known to stay later on the last day, but that's okay. I still had a fabulous time!! But I sure did sleep in today. My body was exhausted!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Lisa, you will be in my thoughts. I'm so glad that you are celebrating her life- you will be a wonderful example to your family when the time comes. Stay strong, and hugs to you.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Wow, Lisa it sounds like you had a fabulous time at CHA – one day I hope to be able to go to CHA!

So sorry to hear about your grandmother, but as you say she is 97 and has had a wonderful life and she will finally be with your grandfather again. Sending big hugs to you and your family!

Lisa, I will keep your grandmother and your family in my prayers. Glad you got home safely!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Lisa, you and your family are in my prayers today. Yes, celebrate her life; it sounds like she had a good one and as much as you will miss her, she is going to a much better place…
                {{{HUGS}}}

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Prayers up for you and your family.

I am glad you got back safe, missed CHA. 🙁 Maybe next year.

BUT, I know the place! ;) I hope it was fabulous.

Can't wait to hear more about the place!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Prayers headed your way Lisa.

Thank you girls. Prayers are much appreciated. My sister is on her way down to my parents. She will help them until I can get there. I have to arrange someone to be with Grandpa. We cant leave him alone. He forgets to lock doors, tu off ovens. He wont be able to get the cat if he sneaks out…Just things like that. I would feel better if one of his other sons takes him for the day.

Lisa, I'm so sorry for all the sadness right now that you are dealing with. It is so good to hear that your grandmother has lived a good life. I will be saying prayers for you and your sweet family.

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time at CHA. Sorry you had to come back to bad news about your grandmother.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

What's this about the place??????

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

IKR? Waiting to hear some reviews…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.