Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff badges?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I am wondering how you all get to have the various badges. I am a newbie. I did upload a mini album, but am wondering how I go beyond the newbie status. Baby steps, right?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi Karen, the badges are awarded for layout of the week. At one time we had a swirlyhues challenge, first & second place were awarded badges; we don't have that challenge anymore.

Your status is based on your number of posts in the forum.

Hope this helps

OK . My next challenge is how to get a pix posted. I know, I am very non tech person. lol.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Do you have Photoshop???

I have iphoto.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What seems to be the problem with posting a photo???

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

The problem is that your photos are too big. If you don't have photoshop you can resize right on your mac by following these steps:

1) open a window for finder and one for iphoto
            2) select the image you want to resize in iphoto and drag it to a folder in finder (I have one labeled pictures)
            3)now go into finder and double click that photo…it will open in preview
            4) at the top bar go to file>save as
            5) you will see a sliding bar that denotes your resolution…low to high…move it closer to low and you can watch the size of the photo decrease. Here photos can be no more than 356 MB and those end up huge.
            6) save your photo at the smaller size and then upload.

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.