Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Blowing Dust Wind Advisory

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

No joke, we are under an advisory for blowing dust. Part of I-35 is closed due to thick dust clouds. The wind has been crazy all day, probably 35-40 mph with gusts over 50 for sure. I hope I don't get blown away! Or buried under piles and piles of clay dirt. Ahhh, Oklahoma.

Get ready, Manda! It looks like a blizzard around here and it is all dirt!

EEEWWWWW! I am so glad we put in the new windows to minimize the dust that gets into the house, but I will probably have to Windex and Pledge the heck out of all the surfaces when this is over!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

That's just crazy Manda! Hope the storm is over without too much damage!

Linda, you must be used to that too – Manda hold tight!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Manda, Cheryl, how terrible!!!!! Hoping that you are all okay!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Just keep your mouth closed…..

The wind is finally going down here. There were some fires down by I-80. I can't even imagine fighting fires in that wind! The guys were working cattle out in it. They looked so beat up when they came in for dinner!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

*laughing* you're right Vicky, we get a lot of wind here too! It's pretty scary when fire is added to the mix! Hope they were able to get everything under control Cheryl.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh that does not sound like fun. I remember one time when my dh and I were in Las Vegas and we came out of our hotel one moing and there was a sand storm blowing. You could barely make out the hotels across the street and boy that sand got in every where – yuck!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

My daughter still laughs like crazy every time she remembers when I came home traumatized after being caught in one of those little dust whirlwinds that you see crossing the road. I had dust in my hair, and my teeth, and up my nose… And the heartless child thought it was hilarious. !sad. I was surprised at the strength that little one minute storm had!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Blowing dirt is never fun.
                  But Cheryl and Manda were having a windstorm that was preceded by months of drought.

I'm glad it's over for you two. How long did it last?

We had high winds with strong gusts for two days. Some gusts were 60 to 70 mph yesterday. Part of I-80 was closed do to the wind, low visibility and some wrecks. There were some fires in that area also! I read this moing that one fire bued 10,000 acres and destroyed 3 houses. The dirt blowing around looked like a blizzard at times. We had a lot of dirt move around! I am still looking for flower pots and my grill cover! LOL! Last night when the sun went down, so did the wind and today is a gorgeous fall day!

It is still windy like a mutha, but they did re-open I-35 after a huge wreck because of dust…..now I have to drive all the way to OKC today. Yuck!

AND I bued a HOLE in my favorite skirt! ARRGGHH!

Have a safe trip, Manda! I hate driving in the wind!

Man! A hole in your favorite skirt! How did you do that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.