Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Boy LO

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

What are some good embellies for a boy's lo? Mine are either too cutsie or girlie. my ds (who is 12) said he wasn't wild about the little froo froo flowers. !ill I at least used blue flowers… I figured someone might have a favorite they use that would be more cool than my froo froo flowers.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I would think that would be an excellent market for some company to figure out as I see this question asked a lot. I don't have a lot of answers but have used string, arrows, and the little cog wheels. Would love to hear other suggestions.

Snagg1
          Send PM

try the link called masculine embellies asked by bonnie about last week or so. It might have come up with some idea's

http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?15157.0

Snagg1
            Send PM

YIKES! I didn't even see that other link, obviously. TFS! I like flowers and do try to use deep colors and make it look more boyish and will still do LO'sthe way I like. However, I want him to be happy with the LO too!

You could add a boy themed brad or handmade masculine embelly to the center of the flowers ….it sort of tones down the girlieness of them….a sublte disguise, plus you get to use your pretty flowers. A win, win for everybody!!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Sok Lisa, threads sometimes have a habit of getting lost around here!!!! depends how much add is going on!!!

You could always try things like
              chipboard / grungeboard in the shapes bugs and animals, anything made of wire or like bubble wrap,
              things like pieces of darker ribbons or distressed material's,
              lots of the tim holtz bits and pieces like the cogs or nuts and bolts.
              Or there are quite a lot of charms out there that are boy related.
              Oh and not to mention the TSS metal which you can distress and tu into just about anything.

Hope that might give you some idea's

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I like to use metal things and I will print stuff off the Inteet too

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Good ideas! Thanks!!

I saw a really neat boy LO at SB.com and it had the DA big clock. Some of the DA is masculine looking…..
                  How about some Steampunk images….pick and choose….they can be really masculine and all boy looking….

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Debbie, Steampunk, good idea!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I really need to lea how to do boy pages..thanks for the ideas!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Debbie, Steampunk, good idea!!

Ditto!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.