Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Calendar of Events Posted

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi Gang!

Tammy pm'd me with a brilliant idea.  Since our inteational members get their kits so late in the month, it is hard to keep track of what challenges are still open and when the deadline is.  I told her I have a hard time keeping track and I'm state-side!  %-6 LOL

Here is what I've done.  I will be updating the calendar we have on the right-side bar in the forum with challenge information and any other Swirlydoos events.  I have also created an events list on the blog.

I really appreciate Tammy emailing me with her idea.  This will be really helpful to everyone.  Feel free to pm me if you have an idea too!!!

Thanks Tammy!!!  !heart

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Very cool idea Tammy!!!

Thanks for taking care of that Lisa. I know I had some confusion with the Butterfly challenge last month.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Wonderful idea Tammy!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Lisa! I think those of us in Canada who get standard, not expedited, shipping may get our kits last – if it would help in determining closing dates for challenges I can let you know when my December kit arrives so you have a comparison. As of next month I'll be getting my kits shipped to my FIL's PO box in WA so I should be able to play along with most challenges – yay!

Great idea, Tammy!

Snagg1
            Send PM

I think Shelly has things shipped to a US PO sometimes too. Sneaky! I like it. LOL

It might be helpful to know, but I don't think December's kit will be the best gauge due to Christmas shipments. I'm sure that put everything further behind than normal.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Shelly gave me the idea, and my father-in-law said he doesn't mind – he's figured out he actually SAVES money driving across the border to get gas and a cinnamon bun 🙂

I usually get my kits either the last day of the month or the first week of the next month, so I spend a lot of time drooling over what everyone else is doing while I wait.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Jackie that has to be hard. You will probably get your kit much sooner now.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Great idea, Tammy!

And, Jackie, I think it's great that you CAN do that. Inteational shipping is always such a crap shoot as to WHEN you get your goods!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks Tammy and Lisa!!

Good idea. It must be hard to wait each month. I don't have Dec kit yet and it has made me more of a crazy lady. Is it possible the deadlines can be in middle of month so all can participate in events?

Perfect idea!!! Love having one place to go to look. Saves so much needed time in the scrap room!!

great idea – yeah, sometimes you have to be a bit sneaky to get your swirly on!!
                    the bad thing is now i do a ton of online shopping, cuz i'll be down there anyway to pick up this and that…….

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Lisa……just love the calendar!! Thanks Tammy for the FABBY idea!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Tammy and Lisa, thanks so much for coming up with this!!!!!! !heart

What a wonderful idea! So many things going on, it's hard to keep track of deadlines.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.