Home Forums Kit Talk Camp Swirlydoos Scrapbook Retreats Camp Swirlydoos 2014 – travel from airport

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to decide whether to fly into Flint or Detroit, from Canada. We do customs and immigration at our end before we board, so I could fly into either airport. I will need a drive, and understand that usually a few campers get together and rent a car. I have several different flight options, so how do I know which one to choose?
    Has anyone looked into their flights, yet, or is it too soon? I just don't want to be stuck at either airport and having to drive myself…. I'm totally not comfortable with doing that!
    Any suggestions are most welcome!
    Virginia

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Don't worry, Virginia! It's a little early to book a flight. I think most of us are going to wait a couple of months, but we will coordinate with each other, so no one is left renting a car on their own. We will all be looking to share to cut the costs!

I was just looking to see what kind of flights there are, and there are several so I'm not worried! Yet!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Virgina I use Southwest so I will be flying into Flint. The last time I looked Southwest had not opened their flights yet for that time frame. Will keep you posted!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I'm seeing prices on Expedia now, but I'm waiting to book.
          Sometimes the prices DO go down and I'd rather wait.

Virginia, it's best to get back here before booking. This way, you can narrow down your choices to coordinate with everyone else re transportation to Camp.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

There is a Google Camp spreadsheet where everyone puts their flight info!

Thanks, Ladies! I have access to the spreadsheet… I was just thinknig about how things work. My husband says I should book soon, because the dollar keeps dropping! I'm thinking I should book with Flight Network because they guarantee a price refund if the cost of the ticket goes down after you book!
            I'll keep an eye on both the forum and the spreadsheet. Don (husband) is planning to drive to Michigan to pick me up and we'll have a trip coming home. That's the plan at the moment, anyway!

I booked a flight on Southwest arriving in Flint on Aug 5th since I will be in Phoenix visiting just before the retreat. I'm coming in the day before since the flight gets in at 9:45 p.m..
            I didn't want to wait any longer to book because the Canadian dollar is expected to drop over the summer. ;D

I'm taking a room at a nearby hotel, so hopefully will be able to meet up with some ladies flying into Flint and travel to St. Claire with them.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I see your point re the $$$ exchange.

We'll all have worked transportation and meeting up several weeks before Camp, Virginia.

(See you in 183 days!)

I am so looking forward to this camp, and to meeting all of you!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Same here Virginia!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Andie… your comment needs a like button!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I thought my comment was hitting the like button on your comment Virginia.

lol

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

You made me chuckle… thanks!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

What Andie said!!!!!!

Can't wait to meet all the newbs!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.