Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Can Someone Help me with…

This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

This photo? I edited it in PSE 8 and I want to add back in her lip and eye color but I can't figure it out.

[img:width=600&height=375]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1283644844_13_FT0_pencil_sketch_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

wish I could help ya!! NO CLUE!! but somebody here will help ya out for sure…what a fabulous pic!!!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Thanks sweetie~

Snagg1
            Send PM

Lisa, that is a Gorgeous photo. But I dont know how to do that yet.

Does Angelica have PSE 8? Because I love the way she did her photo on her last lo!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Thanks!! I know a few people have PS, but I'm not sure which version. Her lo is so cute, I agree.

I don't have any brushes or anything like that yet. I'm lucky I can import a photo into it LOL!

Here is what I did with it. I went subtle because she looks so da sweet. great pic by the way!

I gave you the clean version which you requested and then the Jen twisted version because, well, you know that Swirlys love to put their own twist on things. Nothing is ever simple vanilla here. I added a linen overlay and 1000 years BC texture – tued to colored pencil to match your picture technique.

[img:width=600&height=375]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1283681574_177_FT32363_1283644844_13_ft0_pencil_sketch_3_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=375]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1283681574_177_FT32363_1283644844_13_ft0_pencil_sketch_2_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                Send PM

Jenn I love the twist!!!! One thing, can you change her eye color? IRL they are green-hazel.

Do you use PSE8, or what version do you have? I don't know how to get these effects. Maybe I don't have the right brushes….dunno. BUT I LOVE what you did.

You don't need anything but the basic brush to do that Lisa. And it doesn't matter which version of PSE you have. You can do the same things with all of them. There are a few ways you could go about this.

One way to put the color in is to choose colors from your foreground box.
                There are foreground and background colors in little boxes on the bottom left of your tool bar. When you click on them a color palette comes up. You can pick a color there, then use your brush (tool on the left with a soft round edge small size) magnify your photo and paint the color back in. Make sure you do a duplicate layer first.

Another way would have been to do it the same way you do Color Splash My tut on that is http://lisas-livingincolor.blogspot.com/p/color-splash-this-editing-is-done-when.html instead of tuing your photo black and white you would do whatever edit you did to it. Then when you click on deselect the eyes and lips would have stayed in color.

You did a great job on that! Congrats on the beautiful edit! You will soon be as addicted as we all are!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Thanks for the link and the tips. I will give it a try later and see how I do.

How do you duplicate a layer? LOL, I am really clueless!!!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

oh, and how do you get the shadow around the edge?

Jenn I love the twist!!!! One thing, can you change her eye color? IRL they are green-hazel.

Do you use PSE8, or what version do you have? I don't know how to get these effects. Maybe I don't have the right brushes….dunno. BUT I LOVE what you did.

Moin there sunshine……you love our weather in weste NY?????? Holy Cow! Who tued on fall?

Which version do you want me to change the eyes? #1 or #2?
                    hmmmm I must have missed where you said green hazel eyes. My mistake. I'll stab at green hazel. I honestly am not sure what that is. I'll probably go more green for the fact that the hazel part will not show up I am betting unless the eyes were bigger.

I have photoshop CS4 by the way – but LisaN is the PSE expert.

oh, and how do you get the shadow around the edge?

The shadow around the edge you can achieve 2 ways. Use a vignette or in this case I used a texture. A texture is just simply another jpeg which I placed over the top of your picture and tued down the opacity so that your original pic could show through. Then I also erased the face part so that her beautiful face was un-adulterated by the texture jpeg.

I can tell ya how to do this in CS4 but have no idea in PSE. I do not know what the PSE screens or palettes look like. BUT it is VERY easy.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

[quote]

Moin there sunshine……you love our weather in weste NY?????? Holy Cow! Who tued on fall?

hmmmm I must have missed where you said green hazel eyes. My mistake. I'll stab at green hazel. I honestly am not sure what that is. I'll probably go more green for the fact that the hazel part will not show up I am betting unless the eyes were bigger.

[/quote]

I know!!! a 30 degree change in temp from Friday to Saturday…..holy chill factor! I have to say that I am lovin' it!!! We went to the state fair on Thursday when it was 95 before the humidity was factored in. It was HOT! But that didn't keep us from spending all day and into the night there. We got to see Little Big Town in Chevy Court (free concert). They were AWESOME and the kids loved it.

I didn't mention her eye color. I probably should have. Hazel is a mish-mash of colors. Her's are brownish-green with splashes of gold. Hopefully that gives you a better idea. I don't expect you to get it perfect. I actually like both versions.

Thanks again!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Lisa, I tried the color splash following your tut. Everything was working wonderfully until I chose the pencil sketch and then it all went away.

Also, it wouldn't allow me to choose her lips and her eyes. It was only letting me select one thing?

[quote]
                        [quote]

[/quote]

I know!!! a 30 degree change in temp from Friday to Saturday…..holy chill factor! I have to say that I am lovin' it!!! We went to the state fair on Thursday when it was 95 before the humidity was factored in. It was HOT! But that didn't keep us from spending all day and into the night there. We got to see Little Big Town in Chevy Court (free concert). They were AWESOME and the kids loved it.

I didn't mention her eye color. I probably should have. Hazel is a mish-mash of colors. Her's are brownish-green with splashes of gold. Hopefully that gives you a better idea. I don't expect you to get it perfect. I actually like both versions.

Thanks again!!
                        [/quote]
                        we were thinking about the state fair for this weekend but feared the weather. State fair in the rain is miserable. Been there, done that a gazillion times. My dad used to exhibit and demo woodcarving in the fair so we would stay there for days on end.

But State Fair in the 95 degree heat and humidity of last week is crazy insane. Glad you all made the most of it. Sounds like a super great time. ahhhhhh great food and the smells – so fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.