Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Technique & Project Kits Canvas using French Quarter Kit

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi Everyone~  I wasn't sure where else to put this, so I thought I would put it here.  I created a canvas using the French Quarter kit and I created a series of video tutorials to go with it.  For those who are looking to start working on a canvas I think this will be right up your alley!  Next time we will use less paper and more canvas *evil laugh*

Here are pics of the canvases I created.  The first one is using the kit.  The second one you'll recognize from a past technique kit.

007-7-1.jpg?

002-4-2.jpg?

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRT_Qh3_sZ4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0??

Snagg1
        Send PM

Snagg1
          Send PM

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Lisa, those are absolutely gorgeous! Off to watch your videos….

oh wow Lisa…. these are amazing!!!!! I loved loved loved all your video tutorials. Thank you so much!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Wow … Lisa… I was just thinking this kit matches that burlap canvas very well.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Awesome videos Lisa. I was just wondering about on the canvas when you laid the first piece piece down could you actually cut out the center of that paper that's not gong to show like you would do on a regular layout. Or is it not a good idea since the back of the canvas has nothing on it so it would kind of make it look odd when you laid the second piece down on top. Does that make sense?

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Thanks Steph! You could cut out the center. I happen to be a paper waster 90% of the time. LOL I'm new at paper saving tricks.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Lisa, I've just finished part 1 & hope to get the rest seen in the next several days. Thanks so very much for this. I was going to whoard my Timmy canvas and ended up using it; this is a perfect way to have one over and over again…

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thanks Steph! You could cut out the center. I happen to be a paper waster 90% of the time. LOL I'm new at paper saving tricks.

Don't feel bad, I'm just finally leaing to do the trick of cutting out the centers that won't show, lol.

WOW FANTASTIC I just ordered canvases from somewhere

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Thanks so much girls. I really appreciate it. They are going to look great hanging on my wall. 🙂

Kathy, you can buy the canvases at Micheal's. That's where I got mine. ;)

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

WOw, Lisa, this was amazing!!

I swear when you said Lighter I heard Dom DOm DOm…lol!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Amazing job Lisa, Love it!!!! EVERYTHING….. What was that you used on the birds?
                            Thank You for sharing your talent…. off to try this out… ;D

Snagg1
                              Send PM

Debbie, I used Magical Mica from Lindy's Stamp Gang. I think the color was Coral Bells or something like that.

Check the store here first. Krissy did special orders for us and I know at one time she was carrying them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.