Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial featuring ET member Lynne and Lisa G

This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Just to warm you guys up for our Card Adventure…..

winterbird.jpg

This card tutorial feature Lynne's Stenciling with Gesso tutorial
    and Lisa G's Coffee filter spiral roses tutorial.

Supplies needed: white cardstock – mask – Gesso – spatula – Fan-brush – Distress ink various colors – Rock Candy distress stickles – Prima Resin embellies – roses ala Lisa G – twine.

First: cut a piece of white cardstock 5.5 x 11 inch. Fold double. This is the base of your card.

2-5.jpg

Get out a mask, Gesso, brush and spatula.

3-5.jpg

place your mask over your card ( I placed mine in the top left and bottom right coer)
    and bring on some Gesso with a spatula, like Lynne showed us in her video tutorial.
    I created some extra texture by dabbing my spatula in the just added Gesso.

4-5.jpg

In this picture you can see the difference.

5-5.jpg

Get another SMALL amount of Gesso on your craftmat and take a fan-brush

6-5.jpg

Slightly wipe some brush strokes over you card.

7-5.jpg

Get your Antique Linen Distress ink and ink the center of your card.
    After applying the ink, spritz some water over it to let the ink react.

8-5.jpg

Take another color distress ink and ink the left side and top.

9-5.jpg

Finally I used another shade of distress ink (Bundle Sage) for the bottom and right side.
    Work the ink in between your Gesso. Once you are finished adding color, spritz some water
    to react the colors, get a paper towel and bloth off the ink and water from the Gesso.

10-5.jpg

Distress your edges and ink them up.

11-4.jpg

11-2-1.jpg

Bring on a layer of Rock Candy Distress Stickles and let it dry.
    Your background is now finished and you can start adding embellishments.

12-4.jpg

I inked up my resin window, using Iced Spruce and Walnut Stain Distress ink.
    select your lace and glue it down.

13-4.jpg

I painted my bird using Distress ink. The roses are from Lisa G her tutorial.
    leaves are made from toilet-paper rolls. (very easy)
    The *hugs* sentiment is hand written. A lovely bow of twine will finish your card!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

BEAUTIFUL! I just love how you incorporated the Gesso and flower techniques into this card. Can't wait to give this a try…

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Wow – I really want to have a go at this. Are the roses the same as Lisa's most recent tut – coffee filters? Yours look quite different, but just as beautiful. I've just spent a while going through all your tags and cards on your blog Paulien and picking up some lovely ideas. Then I get back to my blog and find this post – a lovely afteoon!! Thankyou.

Gorgeous card, Paulien! I really want to try these techniques!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

OMG!!!! Stunning!!!! This is a gotta do!!!!!
          Thanks for coming up with this and for sharing it with us!!!!!

***(How did you do the leave? You said toilet paper roll????)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

OMG!!!! Paulien!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loooooooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I adore your cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

You rock Paulien! This is amazing.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Wow. I am simply amazed at your card- it is completely awesome. I need that mask!

Thanks girls… you making me blush!

Jennie, Thank you for your sweet words. To answer your question: Yes. I followed Lisa's latest coffee filters tutorial. Why are they looking different? I guess that is because I didn't role them as tight as Lisa did, plus I really crumpled my edges.

Peggy, yes the leaves are cut out of toilet rolls, then inked up with distress ink (direct from the pad) spritzed them with pearlized water, folded them, inked the fold and the edges. Then (they are still moist at this point) shaped them a little with my fingers.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh wow Paulien. This is so gorgeous! If I wasn't sick today I'd be trying it immediately! But it gives me something to look forward to tomorrow.

Such a wonderful creation!!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thanks Paulien for the tips re the flowers. I've been on the hunt for my old pinking shears (do you call them that?) as they seem to make a great edge.

sorry to keep asing questions 🙁 did you use quite heavy cardstock?

for what Jennie? Do you mean the base of the card?
                    For the base of the card I used the regular Bazzill cardstock.

For the edges of my flowers and leaves I used decorative scissors.

Gorgeous!!!! Oh my. the roses came out so sweet!!! Love it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.