Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial using the GORGEOUS…September *Vintage Love* kit

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Alright you guys, are you ready? I was so glad to be back, creating again after our summer vacation. And when The September kit (finally) arrived to my home I just couldn't stop creating. I was forced tho. I hurt my back really bad, and am in bed for a week now on some heavy medication, that makes me öut of this worldall the time. So, if you see any typos, please read over them, cause you know what it caused.

Today I have this card for you to share, and of course I did a step by step, on it.

card_zpsa0d5f281.jpg

****************************************************************************

0_zpscc6e61b7.jpg
    For my background I cut a piece of PP at 5.1/8 x 8.3/4

1_zpse6031c50.jpg
    Using my Distress ink (Tattered Rose & Spun Sugar) I got around the edges of the paper. Then I gently, distressed the edges and inked them with Vintage Photo Distress ink.

2_zps1b2d250e.jpg
    Then I cut my second layer of PP at 5 x 8.1/2

3_zps25d3f212.jpg
    I trimmed the edges with deco scissors. This way it is easier to heavy distress.

4_zps67638b77.jpg
    Distressed the edges using the Ingvild Bolme, distressing tool.

5n_zpsb0d8551b.jpg
    Then I glued the second layer to the first and with a little gesso I rubbed the edges. I glued both of these layers to my base card.

6m_zps0e096e73.jpg
    I cut the black lace in half

7n_zps0a494072.jpg
    And glued it at the top like so.

8n_zps42a328bc.jpg
    I changed the color of the pink lace, by simply using my Vintage Photo Distress inkpad. Swiped it over my craftmat, and spritzed it with water. Then when you add the lace, make sure it is all saturated. Squeeze the lace out and dry with a heat tool.

9bo_zps98da3273.jpg
    I glued it at the bottom of my card.

10m_zpscf760e23.jpg
    Then I cut 2 of these tiny little strips. On one of the barcode strips there is this print. I cut the barcode strip in half. (lenght-wise)

11m_zps7c02a31d.jpg
    I inked the edges and glued them at the top, right under my fold back edge, and at the bottom, right under the lace.

12m_zpsd9cfbdc7.jpg
    I glimmer-misted this beautiful Chipboard piece in gold. Then after it dried I added some multi medium and the mica flakes, that came in the Main Kit, in various spots. After that dried I went over it with a little Inka gold.

13m_zpsb65b9b26.jpg
    I hold the chippie to my card and with a pencil………

14m_zps78e56246.jpg
    I traced the inner circle.

15m_zps0c43d59e.jpg
    Then I took some black gesso, (you can use black paint fot it too) and rubbed with my finger over the marked circle.

16m_zps9d6500d7.jpg
    I stamped and embossed my sentiment.

17m_zps07bc2691.jpg
    Then I glued my CB frame to the card.

18m_zps048cc0be.jpg
    I glued some tiny featers behind the already beautiful Prima flowers that came in the Main Kit.

19m_zps1d4adefd.jpg
    And started playing with layering flowers and leaves. As you can see, I always cut my leaves in pieces, to get more use out of them.

21m_zpse8627ccd.jpg
    Glued the flowers and leaves in place.

22m_zps0e7ede9e.jpg
    I added some pearl strand to the top.

23m_zps278356f3.jpg
    And I brought some hihglights to the center, using Gesso.

24_zps787db971.jpg
    I added some liquid pearls to the CB frame, to add even more interest.

25_zps941bb4c6.jpg
    and also to the top of the card

26_zps00893ef2.jpg
    and of course the bottom of the card.

card_zpsa0d5f281.jpg
    And I called it done. I hope you like it.

GORGEOUS!!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

You are flipping amazing, Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow Paulien! BEAUTIFUL! I love how you did the chipboard frame and added the liquid pearls and mica. WONDERFUL!

I'm so sorry you have hurt your back. I did that this summer too, and the pain is SO severe. I can understand why you are on the meds you are. Get lots of rest and feel better soon!

[img:width=267&height=267]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1411836851_550_FT249066_get_well_soon_teddy.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oooh just fabulous Paulien! The black gesso centre of the chippie is so clever ………

I hope your back starts recovering soon – take care and have a good rest! xxx

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Wow Paulien this is beautiful, TFS!

Lovely card Paulien!!
            Hope your back gets better soon.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

that card is absolutely stunning!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thanks my lovelies!

I'm seeing a neurologist tomorrow moing. I hope he keeps me and get my back fixed. I'm done with all the medicine I need to take, which don't help that much afterall. Please say a little prayer for me.

Paulien, the card is stunning! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

I am so sorry you are having back trouble! I hope the neurologist can help you! Sending a prayer for healing!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

A Beauty Paulien! Sending prayers your way…Is it from your bicycle fall? I hope the doctor can help….

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Gorgeous card and tute Paulien, sending lots of get well vibes your way!

A Beauty Paulien! Sending prayers your way…Is it from your bicycle fall? I hope the doctor can help….

Thank you all so much! No Barbara, it is not from last years fall. I don't know what caused it.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Prayers of healing for you Paulien. I wish the medicine had helped, but hopefully the Dr. will have a different suggestion and you will soon be pain free.

Well She had a sugestions alright. We wait another 3 weeks, got some new medications and if it still hurts the same then they go see if it is a heia or not. (snanner)
                    Sometimes heia's seem to dossapear spontainiously (sp)
                    well.. I'm NOT that spontanious at the moment!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.