Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial using the March *Salutations* kit >>>> psst… it is posted!

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

This card was made, using the Beautiful *Salutations* kit.

IMG_1206mon_zps5ba3872d.jpg

and some close ups:
    IMG_1211mo_zps4acb055c.jpg

IMG_1209m_zps2f5c564d.jpg

and here's how it came together

0m_zpsa84b7436.jpg
    For the base of this card I cut 2 strips of cardstock, which were 6.5# high and 12 long. I glued 2 of the ends together, so that I was able to create a BIG card. After I folded it, it meassured 6.6 x 6.5 I will put the glued line in the front, cause it is going to be covered with paper.

1m_zpsd8d6fc78.jpg
    I cut a piece of PP at 6.2 x 6.4. Distressed the edges.

2m_zps71a1f606.jpg
    I cut a little strip off this note card and…..

3m_zps5ac8b88e.jpg
    glued my paper and strip to the base card. Like so.

4m_zpsb20c42e8.jpg
    Then from another notecard I teared a little piece off. The one that is marked, I'm going to use.

5m_zps41e0117c.jpg
    I glued the little piece behind the black, distressed, notecard.

6m_zps30e97476.jpg
    I glued a piece of lace over the bottom of the notecard, using 3 in 1 Craft Glue, (Krissy has these in the BOUTIQUE)

9m_zpsda1c70e1.jpg
    I selected 3 tags, from the bunch we got in the kit, and placed them like this.

10m_zps8f510907.jpg
    I glued some of the gorgeous red trim (we call that très trim) just above the lace and then a strip of that amazing bling, to cover the line between the lace and red trim.

****TIP****

7m_zps1d5f598b.jpg
    This beautiful red trim, raffles very quickly and to prevent that you have to snip of the raffles all you have to do is, add a dot of glue (I used hot glue) press it down on a non-stck craft mat and after it cooled down………………

8m_zps67ab54c3.jpg
    you can easily cut it. This way you won't waste any of the trim .

11m_zpsba35b4e2.jpg
    I also folded a figure 8, or bow from the red trim

12m_zps20954cc1.jpg
    And glued it at the right side of my card. Topped it of with a piece of bling from the kit. I flipped the backside up. Then I added 1 of the Prima wood icon frames….

13m_zps15d463aa.jpg
    and some of the, love,love,lovely Petaloo flowers.

14m_zps47a9ef25.jpg
    For the finishing touch I added some Liquid Pearls, (at the right top and left bottom) that came in last month's kit.

I had so much fun playing with this GORGEOUS *Salutations* kit… I could go on making lots and lots of cards.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

How Pretty! What do you use to distress Paulien?

I like what I see Paulien! Can't wait for the tutorial tomorrow!

Snagg1
        Send PM

ooh,so pretty!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Awesome sneak!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Ohhhhh, how sweet!!!!!! Can't wait to see the entire card AND your tutorial!!!

How Pretty! What do you use to distress Paulien?

Thanks you all! I just thought I'd warm you up a bit.

Barbara, I use the Ingvild Bolme tool. First the rough rasp and then the paper edge scraper.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Loving the sneak Paulien!

Can't wait to see the tutorial!

Oooh … beautiful sneak – can't wait to see the tutorial!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Huh! I never thought of using the gems in reverse; how pretty that is!
                Gorgeous card, and thanks for all of your tips and techniques, Paulien!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

What a gorgeous card!!! Love all the gorgeous trims!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Love this card Paulien, that trim and bling are so pretty, TFS!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Fantastic, Paulien!! Love that tip with the trim!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Paulien you are so creative and talented–I always know I am going to love whatever you do!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.