Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial using the November *Autumn Rose* kit

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I created a few cards with this gorgeous kit, and this is one of them

tutmonk_zps9a9d5eff.jpg

Of course I made a step by step for you guys, to see the creative process.

0mon_zpsc4fd03fa.jpg
    I cut a piece of PP at 5.7 x 7.5/8 ( my glossy accents leaked a little on it, but that didn't bother me.

1mon_zpsbb0ffddc.jpg
    I cut a strip of PP at 12 x 1.1/8

2mon_zps2f432a1c.jpg
    I pleated it like in the picture, and stapled my pleats to secure.

3mon_zpsd34e745c.jpg
    I spritzed with various colors of GM the Heidi Swapp Invisible paper that came in the kit.

4mon_zps22fbedee.jpg
    And I really wanted to use this Petaloo packaging. I cut the top off, and left the foam dots. You probably won't even notice them.

5mon_zpsf6a43a73.jpg
    I took this sayig from one of the papers that came in the kit, and cut it like in the picture.

6mon_zpsfb4bf765.jpg
    Then I pulled out my sewing machine and gave my papers some random stitching.

7mon_zpsa9362811.jpg
    I wanted a olive green color card base, but as you can see the measurements… I could not cut a double card out of 1 piece of 12 inch cardstock. So I cut a olive green mat, that was slightly bigger then the PP and then ………

8mon_zps098eb789.jpg
    I cut another piece of cardstock, that was 1.5 inch wider then the olive green. I scored it at 1.5 inch and folded.

9mon_zps881baee0.jpg
    On the 1.5 inch fold, I added glossy accents, like in the picture, and I layered the olive piece on top of it, pressed and hold it for a few seconds.

10-1mon_zpsb35bfc1e.jpg
    I now created my base card.

11mon_zpsecd24d9c.jpg
    I distressed the edges and glued my piece of PP to the base.

12mon_zps52ceb962.jpg
    I began layering by glueing down, my glimmer misted, strip first.

13mon_zps86f7d96d.jpg
    Then I loosely took all the elements and started to see how it would look just right

14mon_zps243d4670.jpg
    I added the sentiment piece and a strip of pearls.

15mon_zps6e3cc883.jpg
    Then the pleated paper and the other glimmer misted piece. I did use some cardboard for extra dimension. (sorry bad lightning here)

16mon_zpsf6f726bc.jpg
    I glued down a Petaloo flower and leaf and also a Prima wood leaf.

17mon_zpse249497a.jpg
    I added some giant cross stitches and glued it to my card. Now I could leave it like this but I thought it was missing something.

18mon_zps4597f992.jpg
    So I wrapped some twine around my fingers and stapled them together in the center.

19mon_zps027c2da7.jpg
    Fold them double and I glued them right under my flower. I also added a strip of lace at the top.

tutmonk_zps9a9d5eff.jpg
    and called it DONE!

I hope you like it and maybe give a try yourself. If you do, please share it with us.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

This is amazing! I love it!

Gorgeous card! Thanks for the tutorial!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Sooo Beautiful Paulien! Love all of the details and how you used the invisibles…Thanks for all of the tips in your tutorial…Really love those big cross stitches and pleated paper! Lovely Card…

Thanks a bunch ladies! I'm glad you like it.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Paulien your card is so pretty, TFS!

Love this one!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Super gorgeous Paulien! Love the pleated paper and your crowning touch the twine bow!!

I go through my kit but wait to cut anything until I see Paulien's tutorial. Thanks!!

Thanks ladies! And Sue… Lol… you are too sweet!

Don't throw out your scraps ladies, save those beauties, You will see why, in two weeks!

oh wow! I LOVE this card Paulien! thanks for the step by step!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Beautiful!!!
              And we should save our scraps? Well, luckily, you've taught me that already, Paulien! Scraps, packaging, I love using them!
              Can't wait too see what you have in store for us next!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.