This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

What do you all use as a primer for your chipboard and wood embellishments before using your sprays etc on them.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

It depends, but mostly I use gesso. 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

sometimes Gesso, sometimes nothing!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Gesso, unless I just emboss it, then raw 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Most of the time I don't use anything but if I'm painting it a light color I usually use white gesso first.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I usually prime with gesso first. Sometimes I will use a texture paste, but imo, chipboard needs that prep.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Gesso

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I don't always prime the chipboard before spraying, especially if it's a darker mist color or an opaque one like TA Chalkboard. I've used gesso or just white acrylic paint if that's all I have at hand. A lot of the time I just use the chipboard in its natural state. I like the look.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I've just found lately that when I use my sprays on the raw chipboard it soaks into the chipboard too much, so you don't really see the color then.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Gesso for sprays and heat embossing. I leave it raw for Distress and alcohol inks. Anything else, I usually try a bit on a part that will be hidden and go from there. You're right about the absorbency, but sometimes I like that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.