Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! National Scrapbook Day 2014 ~CLOSED~ Rae's Remodeling Layout Challenge

This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Supplies needed:
      An older layout that needs an update. You are going to remodel it! All other supplies are completely up to you!

What you need to do:
      1. Take a picture of your layout for the before picture.
      2. Make FIVE upgrades to your layout. Keep track of them so you can tell us what you did.
      3. Take an after picture.
      4. And, post your before and after pics here!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Remodeling time! Here's a layout I made with my first Swirlydoos kit. Even though I think it's one of my better layouts from the early days, I think it needs an update!

[img:width=550&height=550]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399137352_16_FT238881_may_2014_sd_remodeling_challenge.jpg[/img]

So, I decided to see what I could to do to spruce it up a bit.

Here's a list of how I remodeled my layout:
        1. Added more distressing to all the layers, including the circle.
        2. Toned down the white title with some brown chalk ink.
        3. Added some jewels under the title.
        4. Gave the flower cluster a complete overhaul, adding vines and other small flowers.
        5. Added some small flowers next to the title.
        6. Added an extra large layer and used a border punch on the existing bottom layer.
        7. Added a metal coer to the top.

[img:width=550&height=550]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399137839_16_FT238881_nsd_remodeling_done_lo.jpg[/img]

I am much happier with this one!

Now let's see what you YOU can do!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

WOW what a cool challenge and love your makeover. The changes really are subtle yet they make a difference! WTG!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Cool challenge, Rae!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Very neat to see the change! Amazing what a few little tweaks here and there does to an already beautiful layout!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Wow I cannot believe how much of a difference those little things make.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                Send PM

So pretty, going back a few years can be shocking to say the least! I was being lazy and just stacking my lo's on top of my shadowbox frame instead of removing the pic and putting a new one in. Well after finally putting about 6 lo's away, I took the lo in the frame out and nearly died! I had just started fussy cutting, and I was still putting my page titles smack dab on the top and centered! Yeesh what a diff and only about 3 yrs ago!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Only 3 years ago gal? That can't be toooo bad. You'll have to post ur before and afters.

This is such an awesome challenge and I love how your page tued out Rae.

Is'nt it amazing how a few little extra touches can change the whole look of a layout. Fab challenge Rae and love the changes to your LO!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Nice upgrade Rae…when does this challenge close? I am getting a late start on NSD, so would like to enter this one.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Thanks, Debbie! All challenges end next Saturday, Midnight MST. You have plenty of time. 🙂

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Thanks Rae…as usual I'm not reading the rules first LOL!!!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Ooh great challenge Rae! I've been wanting to re-do my DD's baby album are lord knows I never have time to get around to it but this challenge gets my gears tuing!

Great challenge Rae =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.