Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Corner Punches – HELP!!!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi there. Is there a trick using coer punches and then using the coordinating punch to get a perfectly punched out sheet of 12×12 cardstock? No matter what I do it never tus out. Thanks!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Use the coer punch to do the coers first and then line up the coer with the drawing on the other punch. It should work, might take a little practice for perfection but it does work! HTH

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

If you're using MS punches my understanding is that there are specific paper sizes each one works with that is included with the packaging. So it's possible 12 x 12 isn't the right divisor for that punch set.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Jackie, I did know that. I did find that some sizes didn't work with my punches perfectly, but I never realized that this information was included with the packaging.

I ripped my punch out of the packaging and tossed it! LOL

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Me too! But I thought all MS punches were made to work with 12×12. What Maggi said try practicing on some cheap paper

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

*Shakes head* The dimensions are included in the packaging, there is an insert that you all seem to be tossing out, rather than placing in your useful garbage basket. ;D
                Martha knew that this would happen, because Martha knows everything. And in her infinite wisdom, she supplied us mere mortals with a pdf, http://images.marthastewart.com/images/channel/corporate/shop/generic/2009Q3/loops_howto.pdf

If you can't get it all to come out exactly even, you may want to do what I do and remember that this was the exact spot(s) that were earmarked for embellies.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Thank you oh keeper of all things swirly and otherwise. We are going have start calling you Peggy aka the Librarian

hehe
                  [img:width=40&height=40]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317820509_41_FT121933_heart_beat.gif[/img]

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Peggy, I just love your sense of humour! Thanks for the pdf.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I always throw the inserts out too! Now I know to keep them. Peggy – thanks for the PDF. This will certainly help. 🙂

Just an FYI..I believe the larger Punch Around The Page sets have different dimensions…

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Lisa, thanks for pointing that out.
                        The measurements for the newer larger punches are easier to remember:
                        4 inches
                        6 inches
                        8 inches
                        10 inches
                        12 inches

Thanks for pointing that out.

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Thank you oh keeper of all things swirly and otherwise. We are going have start calling you Peggy aka the Librarian

hehe
                          [img:width=40&height=40]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317820509_41_FT121933_heart_beat.gif[/img]

Ditto! *bowing* LOL BTW – I love that show The Librarian. It's kind of like Indiana Jones. LOL

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I love it too. Hope they make some more episodes

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

Just an FYI..I believe the larger Punch Around The Page sets have different dimensions…

OOOOOPS!!!!! I threw that packaging out. Hopefully my old mind will be able to remember those sizes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.