Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Could use lots of prayers *mil update*

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I've mentioned that my mil has been ill. Well today we finally got answers. She has lung cancer. She has been admitted to the hospital so they can do a MRI to make sure it hasn't spread to her brain. She has said she wants to do the chemo, so they will get her set up for that while she is there.

We haven't told fil yet. Think we are going to do it as a family later this week when dh is off. I have to tell dh when he gets home from work tonight.

We could really use all the prayers you have to spare. Mil is one of the sweetest people I know and I hate to see her going through this.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Oh, Kim. I am so sorry for you and your family. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you all. HUGS

So sorry about your mil, Kim! I will keep her and your whole family in my prayers!

Goodness Kim. I am so sorry that the diagnosis is cancer…I will pray that the cancer is contained and has not spread. I pray that chemo will save her life. I pray that you have the strength to be the rock for your family, especially for your husband and mother in law. I took care of my mother in law in the final year of her life. I was the one that everyone tued to when they wanted answers. I speak from experience so I know where you stand. I too, loved my mother in law dearly, so when others cried, I did not, just to be strong for them. Not until the end. Then I didn't realize just how much I held back, and I shouldn't. Be strong, but also lean on others. Chemo will be difficult for your MIL, but as you know, chemo can save lives. Your husband and inlaws will need your love and support more than ever. But remember to take care of your self. Been there, done that Kim. You are a strong beautiful person who will mean so much for your family now. Be strong, but remember to ask for help for yourself as well. I pray that you stay healthy through this time as well. Take care of yourself. If you need a friend to talk to, call me…I am here for you. Next week my mother in law will have been gone from this earth for 1 year. Tell your MIL to fight. There is hope. And there is always prayer. I will keep you all in my prayers….xoxoxo

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Awww Kim, I'm sorry to hear this. I will definitely keep her and your family in my prayers.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm so very sorry Kim. What devastating news to have to pass along to your husband. I too, will be praying for your mil and your family as you all help her battle this illness. I will pray for strength for you all, and especially your mil.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh sweet Kim, many prayers your way for you, MIL and the rest of the family. You really need a break my dear!!! Hugs!

I have added you and your family to my prayer list.

Snagg1
                Send PM

So Sorry Kim. I will say a prayer for all of your family. Take Care.

Kim, will def keep you and the family in my prayers. Hugs.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Such sad news, Kim. You all will be in my prayers.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm so sorry to hear this news Kim. I know how you feel, I like Lisa took care of my own Mum as she was going through this. I am a great believer in positive thinking and if your MIL makes the decision to be strong and to fight this awful disease it can make a big difference. I also know how much this works personally because I am a cancer survivor – I had Breast cancer 13 years ago and since that time I have had three other different cancers and I'm still here. I will keep your MIL in my prayers as well as you and your family. Sending love and {{{hugs}}} your way!

Oh Kim, so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news. You and your family are in my prayers!

Oh Kim, I'm so so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Dear Kim — So sorry about all your devisatingnews. You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.