Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Cricut Question

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Ok all you Cricut-teers, I have been having a problem with my Cricut Expression of and on for a few months.

I do have Design Studio and have updated the Cricut as well as the software thingies for the machine. I also have SCAL and MTC, and have had them for a little over a year.

A few months ago I tried using my Halloween cartridge and Design Studio. I could get my images on the mat on the screen, but my Cricut wouldn't cut. Instead it did this funny diagonal line and went back to start. At first I thought it was the cartridge; you know, maybe there was a defect with it. So, I tried my Lace cartridge and had the same problem. I did not try cutting directly from the machine. I'm not really good at spacing and sizing without the visual help of the software.

That same problem happens everyone once in a while using SCAL and/or MTC.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or how to fix it? My Expression machine is about 2 years old.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Lisa, have you tried contacting customer service?
        I had issues with DS, it wouldn't save much more that a couple of kbyets, that's one of the reasons that I finally broke down and bought a Gypsy. Which doesn't answer your question, sorry. Have you tried cutting directly from the cart without going through DS?

Lisa, you probably need to reset the machine.

Here's the way to do it:

1) First, tu your machine on with no cartridge loaded. Then you are going to roll all your gray dials (the two on the left and the one on the right) down to their lowest setting.

2) Then you will want to grasp the green/gold cylinder blade assembly and use it to pull the entire gray carriage car unit (the one with the Cricut bug on it) along its track to the other side of the machine. Back in the cave where the gray carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about three seconds. Let go and then move the gray carriage car back into place.

3) This next step will sound a bit odd, but many times it can fix your Cricut. You’re going to roll all your dials all the way up and all the way down three times—three times for each dial.

4) Then you are going to hit the “Cut” button and tu the machine off. Let the machine sit for a few minutes (15-20), load a cartridge, tu it on, and try a practice cut.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Wow Jan. Thanks so much! I will have to give this a try. Some of those instructions sound like I should be doing them while hopping up and down on one foot while the moon is full. LOL

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks a ton!

Lisa, you probably need to reset the machine.

Here's the way to do it:

1) First, tu your machine on with no cartridge loaded. Then you are going to roll all your gray dials (the two on the left and the one on the right) down to their lowest setting.

2) Then you will want to grasp the green/gold cylinder blade assembly and use it to pull the entire gray carriage car unit (the one with the Cricut bug on it) along its track to the other side of the machine. Back in the cave where the gray carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about three seconds. Let go and then move the gray carriage car back into place.

3) This next step will sound a bit odd, but many times it can fix your Cricut. You’re going to roll all your dials all the way up and all the way down three times—three times for each dial.

4) Then you are going to hit the “Cut” button and tu the machine off. Let the machine sit for a few minutes (15-20), load a cartridge, tu it on, and try a practice cut.

Dr. Jan is in the house! Great idea Jan, I'm going to remember this remedy if i ever run into that problem. You're so cute. 🙂

Wow Jan. Thanks so much! I will have to give this a try. Some of those instructions sound like I should be doing them while hopping up and down on one foot while the moon is full. LOL

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks a ton!

that's what i thought too when i read it.

good luck!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Wow, Jan, I'm copying this one out and keeping it with my manual, thanks!!!
            One question, should I be wearing a garlic necklace while preforming this ritual? :p

hehehe

I copied it also!

Haha! I kept waiting for Jan to say, Then your going to roll over on the floor three times in front of your cricut..while not losing eye contact with the machine..and..

Hahahhahha

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

hehe 🙂

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Jan, where in the world did you find that info?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.