Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Crop-a-dile Eyelet set tool thingy

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Ohhhhhh sometimes I frighten myself. I was totally admiring LisaV's spectacular LO over at SB.com. And mentally patting her on the back for all those eyelets.

Not a chance in hades that I am making all those eyelets in my paper, but heck if ya want to hammer away, you go for it girl! And then there are scrappers that have their signiture amazing look that features eyelets and lacing. (Natasha Naranjo Aguirre aka Luv.My.Babiez ). That girl has patience and focus unlike no other with all those eyelets.

Now, I have a whole ton of eyelets that I just am not gonna use. Not doing it. Not gettng the hammer out and using that stupid arse eyelet setter. First, my husband is going to give me the eye for moving his hammer. I also found it odd that they dont sell the eyelet setter these days. Poor scrappers. you gotta go find an eyelet setter on your own?

Then the ephiphany hit me while I looked at the product list on LisaV's LO.

A crop-a dile eyelet setting tool? holy cow! I've been set free. Free of hammering those stupid things. Freedom I say!

Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about? The old days of eyelet making? Do I live under a rock possibly? 🙂

Oh, girl! I don't use a hammer! I have a little thing-a-ma-gig from Making Memories that you just push down and it sets the eyelets. I don't use it much, but it's a keeper. It's quiet and works good.

I know. gosh da. Going out this weekend to get one. I feel like shouting FREEDOM, but I am at work and they may show me the door to FREEDOM. 🙂

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Jen, I got mine at ACM a long time ago because I had an awesome coupon. I remember that I paid less than $20.00 for it, so don't have a heart attack when you see this link, I think you can still get it for a somewhat more reasonable price. http://store.scrapbook.com/wr-70911-4.html
      Anyway, it punches 2 hole sizes and does eyelets, too. I love it because it can reach so far into a page.

Thanks Peg. That's a cool tool and I've got me a coupon. And hubby is gone for the weekend AND I just got paid.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Jen, I think that you just described Heaven!!!!! :p

Jen, I think that you just described Heaven!!!!! :p

Well, sure does make shopping and scrapping easier. I don';t have to sneak into the house with my purchases with guilt. I can bust through the front door with my bags-a -flying. Slam them down confidently on the kitchen table and strut about the place while my goodies lay out in full view.
        🙂

I am the odd man out here. I have the Crop-a-dile and don't like it. I prefer the hammer and eyelet setter. I seem to smash the eyelets too much with the Crop-a-dile and I like to do some eyelets backwards so it looks like a star. The crop-a-dile won't do that–it just smashes the backs so no star.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

funny you started this cause like 5 minutes ago I was making a tag..thought hmmm I will get out the hammer and punch in an eyelet..all I did was flatten it so I punched a hole in and glued the stinking thing on!!!!!!! lol

Jen..I have the We R Memory Keepers – Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite and I love it! Don't use it as much as I should..but when I do, it's so easy to use! And..It's on sale at SBC right now, I believe it's 50% off.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I am the odd man out here. I have the Crop-a-dile and don't like it. I prefer the hammer and eyelet setter. I seem to smash the eyelets too much with the Crop-a-dile and I like to do some eyelets backwards so it looks like a star. The crop-a-dile won't do that–it just smashes the backs so no star.

I am totally with ya… I HATE the cropadile… Its great for punching holes but I can't seem to keep the eyelet on the paper and then they are all crunched on the sides. I love love love the old click it and I don't mind beating the tar out of them with the hammer – I consider it stress relief!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Here's what I've used for several years…..

http://www.makingmemories.com/Products/detail/instant-setter

(Drats! I just wanted to paste a pic….no such luck…but you get the idea.)

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I bought a Crop a Dile big bite recently and haven't used it. I tried to set something with it and I wasn't smart enough to use it, soooo I went back to the hammer method!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

i love my cropadile. Wish I had the big bite though.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I like mine too. don't use it much tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.