Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Damn Kidney Stones!

This topic contains 65 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I just had to take dh to the ER because he is having serious pain from a kidney stone. This is the third trip to the ER in the past two weeks. I'm waiting for my parents to drive to my house (which will take about 90 minutes) before I can go sit with him at the hospital.
      Has anyone ever had this same experience? I thought there were medications to dissolve the stones.

OMG I had a kidney stone one time! It was comparable to childbirth! I don't think there are meds to dissolve them. They use something else to break them up if you don't pass them. I passed mine and thank the Lord I never had another one. I drink tons of water. Doctor said it helps.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Ouch!! Hope DH passes it soon!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I have had them too. Kevin has hundreds of them and has severe bladders spasms often due to them. Horrible, horrible pain! I hope your DH passes it soon!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I don't know anything about them except those who get them say is is the worst thing ever. Sending good thoughts he feels better soon.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

So sorry Rae!!! Hope he's better soon!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Rae that's horrible. Hope he is doing better now!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh no! I am sorry to hear this! Hope he recovers soon.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Rae, that pain is worse that childbirth!!!!! Hope he's feeling better!!!!! Are they advising him about diet??

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thanks for all the warm thoughts, ladies! He isn't doing too well today. I have to take him to the doctor later. Hopefully, he will be able to see a urologist soon.
                    The doctor he had in the ER last night said that it is most likely from the hard water and dehydration from being in the desert, because a lot of people have kidney stones. They won't know exactly what's going on to cause them until the stone passes because they have to analyze it to see what it's made of like calcium. So he has to strain his urine to catch it.

Leslie, that is horrible that Kevin has so many! Do they know why?

🙁

My BIL gets chronic kidney stones, sometimes he is inhehospital for days at a time! I will ask him what he does to help if anything.

The urologist told me to drink lots of water… I don't want to jinx myself by talking anymore. That was not a fun experience. I would compare it to childbirth contractions without the break in between them.

i just went through this my DH. He is an older gentleman(78) and has an enlarged prostrate . He went for a checkup and the was some blood in his urine..off to the urologist. In Nov. they went in and did what I call roto-rooter to open the pathway, then 2 months later they went in to brake up the stone and 2 months later they did it again. Now we wait until Dec to see if they have to do this again.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Rae can they some how check him out to make sure it's small enough to pass? An old co worker of mine had one that was too big to pass.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.