Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW Die Cutting machine V Electronic cutter

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm dying to get a cutting machine, but I can't decide between regular and electronic.
      Any recommendations?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have a Cricut and a Big Shot and I like them both. I think there are pro's & con's to both.

I have a cricut and big shot as well – I use the big shot more but the cricut has a lot more advantages – just lazy in using it! I have the cricut connected to my computer (not the inteet) and can manipulate any design that I own a cartridge and that is very handy

I'm with Steph. I like them both. I tend to use the big shot more but there are just some things ya can't do with the big shot. I love that you can adjust sizes with the circut or any electronic one. What are you wanting to use it for? That could make all the difference Between what you would want.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

i want to use it for making flowers, cutting by hand takes forever. And to do beautiful punches edges. Even things like cutting a fence shape or a florish shape

I have a Pazzles Inspiration (electronic) and a Cuttlebug and a spellbinders grand calibur machine and I love and use them all a lot. My fav and first was the cuttlebug though and it actually broke on me last year and I had to replace it even though I had the other 2 machines

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I say, whatever you get make sure that you plan on using it. I have a cameo and a vagabond. I use my vagabond more than I do my cameo.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I have the Vagabond and Cameo as well. Love them both. The Cameo can cut really intricate designs like butter

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I have the Vagabond and Cameo as well. Love them both. The Cameo can cut really intricate designs like butter

Kathi, I need cameo lesson from you.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

These are the types of things I want to do. Could you do that on the Cameo Silhouette?
                  I'm pretty good with computers and programs.
                  Also can you take your own file and use it in their software?

[img:width=212&height=265]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1383166428_2770_FT223463_screen_shot_2013-10-31_at_7.50.38_am.png[/img]
                  [img:width=78&height=54]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1383166428_2770_FT223463_screen_shot_2013-10-31_at_7.50.16_am.png[/img]
                  [img:width=160&height=212]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1383166428_2770_FT223463_screen_shot_2013-10-31_at_7.49.58_am.png[/img]

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

You can cut images like that on the Cameo and you can convert images so that they will work with the Cameo. I've not done the conversion but there is a Facebook group plus a yahoo group that could help you!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

These are the types of things I want to do. Could you do that on the Cameo Silhouette?
                      I'm pretty good with computers and programs.
                      Also can you take your own file and use it in their software?

[img:width=212&height=265]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1383166428_2770_FT223463_screen_shot_2013-10-31_at_7.50.38_am.png[/img]
                      [img:width=78&height=54]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1383166428_2770_FT223463_screen_shot_2013-10-31_at_7.50.16_am.png[/img]
                      [img:width=160&height=212]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1383166428_2770_FT223463_screen_shot_2013-10-31_at_7.49.58_am.png[/img]

Yes dear you absolutely can do these on a cameo.

I've converted one file with the help of a you tube video and it wasn't that bad.

I have my big shot for embossing because you can't emboss with the machines…but let's face it…I bought a bunch of dies too.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Hmm I would love one that embosses too, but the price is way too high.
                        I'd be happy if I didn't have to hand cut 20 flowers for 1 LO

Ditto, I have both these machines as well and love them both! I also have a hand crank machine, but it sits in the closet now, in case of an emergency.

I have the Big Shot Pro and the Cricut. With the Cricut, you can cut a shape any size from 1/4 to 11.5, but with the Big Shot, you can only cut the size of the die. The Big Shot, however, cuts lots of things the Cricut won't, such as tissue paper, lace, chipboard, etc. Maybe if you are really good, Santa will reward you! I'm not familiar with the cameo. Is this going to cost me a lot of money? The Cricut cuts layers, which I really like. Can you do that with the computer-based machines?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.