Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW Do you start with the picture or the paper?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I've heard a lot of people get the supplies first and that gives them the idea and they find the picture to coordinate But I generally try to find paper to go with my pics. So what do you start with?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

When I first get my kit, I am looking for pic to go with the paper. Once I am done with that though I switch.

I match the paper to the pics!

I do both….depending on my mood, the paper and the pics. Sometimes a pic just screams out a line of PP….other times, the PP screams out for a certain pic.
        How's that for riding the fence on the question??? :p

Snagg1
          Send PM

That is not a real clear cut answer. I go both ways…LOL

Sometimes I have an idea that keeps playing itself out in my head. Normally these ideas have colors and can look soft, colorful, earthy, etc. Then when my head keeps settling on a color scheme and a feel I will get an impression of the type of photo I want to use. This will lead me to looking for a photo and then the paper to follow.

Other times I will find paper that is to die for and will hunt until I find a photo to go with it. This applies to our Swirlydoos kits. We see what the paper will look like on add-on day and then I go off and try to find photos to go with it.

Clear as mud?! LOL I hope that helped in some way.

There is a method to my madness. It is called controlled chaos. LOL

I do what Lisa does, more or less, and if I still can't find a pic to work with, I'll convert the pic to b/w or sepia. The months challenges are helpful, because depending on the subject matter, you will find a picture to work with and since we have to use mostly Swirlydoo papers and embellishments, it makes it a little easier to compose a layout.

Sometimes I have an idea that keeps playing itself out in my head. Normally these ideas have colors and can look soft, colorful, earthy, etc. Then when my head keeps settling on a color scheme and a feel I will get an impression of the type of photo I want to use. This will lead me to looking for a photo and then the paper to follow.

Other times I will find paper that is to die for and will hunt until I find a photo to go with it. This applies to our Swirlydoos kits. We see what the paper will look like on add-on day and then I go off and try to find photos to go with it.

Sooooooo..Lisa, you go both ways huh?! LMAO! haha ;)

Snagg1
            Send PM

[quote]

Sooooooo..Lisa, you go both ways huh?! LMAO! haha ;)

[/quote]

LOL! That's how rumors get started ROFL!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

hahah Erica!!!! I thought the exact same thing LMFAO!!!!!!! hehe

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I go both ways too though…sometimes I start with a pic and other times I go with an idea

Haha..I was just messing with you girls. But that was funny.

On a serious note..I go both ways too, sometimes paper and sometimes the picture. 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

hehe 🙂

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I usually get paper to go with picture.

When I first get my kit, I am looking for pic to go with the paper. Once I am done with that though I switch.

me too – same approach

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I never work with paper that I don't absolutely LOVE. And I never scrap a picture that I'm not crazy about.

When I find paper I love, I almost always already have a picture in my head that wants to live there because I don't ever scrap a photo until I have the paper that it wants to spend the rest of its life with.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.