Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Do you use music as inspiration?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I was just listening to Nina Simone sing Feeling Good that Lisa V suggested would be inspiring over on the challenges forum, and I thought about how often music helps me when I'm feeling down or need to relax. I never thought to put some on to inspire me but I see how it could really work. Just wondering if music moves you to create and what are some of the songs you love? Lisa, thanks so much for the song you suggested. I am not familiar with Nina Simone but I totally loved her version of Feeling Good and it's definitely getting added to my ipod!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

P.S. Here is one of my all time favorite feel good songs: K.D. Lang singing Hallelujah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bj4TccyKk&feature=related

P.S. Here is one of my all time favorite feel good songs: K.D. Lang singing Hallelujah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bj4TccyKk&feature=related

Her version gives me shivers! So talented! Did you see her perform this at the olympic opening ceremonies? AMAZING! but she was told 20 mins prior to her performance about the Georgian skeleton racer who was killed earlier that day. You could see the passion in her performance.

I always listen to music while i scrap and many times the songs inspire the titles to my lo's!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I did see her perform there and I just sat in awe listening to her. I didn't know the story about her leaing of his death 20 minutes before, but I just felt in my heart that she was singing that song for him and his family. You're right…so amazing.

I listen to music when I scrap. Darius Rucker even gave me the words for a tag one night. I don't like watching TV when I scrap….I can't keep up…but music is perfect!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.