Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Drama Diva Queens

This topic contains 80 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Anyone else got one? Cause I am about to put my foot somewhere the sun don't shine.

So tired of fighting over homework, clothes, she's trying to wear makeup to school, etc…ugh!! Only 11 and you'd think she's 17.

Seriously..anyone been thru this before? Next step is boot camp!

Well, mine wasnt to bad until she was 14 and wanted to be semi goth…Black cloths shopping at Hot
    Topic..I was not amused. Well the phase passed, thank god!! But she really wasnt a drama queen,,,She knew better…lol. I thank my lucky stars. I did let my kids express themselves through their clothing. ?Right of passage I guess. As long as they kept good friends and good grades, I gave them free reign within reason. But makeup at 11…no no… They will try though…I must find some pics of Gabbie during those times..To funny!!

Hang in there Denise…This to shall pass..how is your son??

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

My dd is 12, she'll be 13 in march. She has her good days and her bad. Attitude , dirty looks, thinks she knows it all. Wants a cell phone..and on an on.

But, the next day she is the sweetest thing.

Hormones!!!! Just a evil thing!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Ashli is ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about the drama! Fighting over homework, clothes, whether the sky is blue – you name it! Gregg said to her one day, You are SUCH a DRAMA QUEEN! She tued right to her daddy without missing a beat and said, No I'm NOT! I'm a drama PRINCESS And promptly stormed out of the room…

Hormones!!!! Just a evil thing!!

SO totally true. between 10 and 13 while they are figuring it all out. AARRRGGGHHHHH
        good news is for the most part they usually grow out of it. Though you may wish to commit yourself before they do.

Yes Denise I have been there!!!! 12-14 was the absolute worst! My daughter couldn't talk to me without screaming at me. It was all high level drama. She is now almost 16 and I have to say once she hit 15 she attained a new level of maturity. The drama is mainly with her and her friends and she does go into a tailspin when life throws her a curve but she is actually pleasant to be around. And talks to me and actually seeks advice.
        As far as expressing oneself goes. She is ear gaging I am not pleased about this but they are her ears. She says she isn't going to big with them. Hopefully… (if you don't know what that is google it. You will feel better about your 11 yr old just wanting to wear makeup.)

Ear gaging…oh boy…Does she realize the only thing that will fix that if she doesnt want it anymore is plastic surgery??? Oy vey. Just like my daughters tattoos…Not happy, but she was 18…Nothing I could do but give her good advise. But how can you get mad at a great kid. She surprised me with her first tattoo during her high school graduation ceremonies…Smart kid huh???

I have told her that Lisa. She is going to have big ass earlobes and will have to have surgery to fix it. She says she is keeping them small. Hmmm… I could force her not to do it but she is a really good kid. She makes the honor roll every quarter. She doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs, and isn't sexually active. So… do I make an issue out of this? My instincts tell me not to. Do I agree with it. No only because I know when she doesn't like the look anymore she may be stuck with it. And I am not paying for the repair. %-6

I have told her that Lisa. She is going to have big ass earlobes and will have to have surgery to fix it. She says she is keeping them small. Hmmm… I could force her not to do it but she is a really good kid. She makes the honor roll every quarter. She doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs, and isn't sexually active. So… do I make an issue out of this? My instincts tell me not to. Do I agree with it. No only because I know when she doesn't like the look anymore she may be stuck with it. And I am not paying for the repair. %-6

No Lisa..Just let her be..When Gabbie got the double bottom lip piercing…I made her take out 1…She did, then realized, the Monroe piercing was prettier..I agreed, so she took out the lip and did the Monroe…But, then thought she was going into Police Academy and took that out. No more piercings…The phase lasted 2 years…The kid looooves tattoo's though. I said no to the nose…No to the eyebrow…no no no…She never did. I dont think she would be defiant if I told her no to the others, but I just let her be…She was old enough and mature enough to know what she wanted. I knew it wouldn't last.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Is it bad that after reading this, I'm thankful I have 2 boys???

Especially since I grew up one of 3 girls….. I call the teen years…. the brat years….. hopefully they will grow out of it….

My niece did the 'gaging' thing….. I so don't get why they think this looks good…….

WOW!!

Umm, boys have piercings, and sometimes wear makeup too Meg! LOL!!!!

oldest dd just has 6 hole piercings on each ear–can't say anything-I have 5 on each side (most done by myself & a needle)
          Now she wants her nose & eyebrow.

WOW!!

Umm, boys have piercings, and sometimes wear makeup too Meg! LOL!!!!

Good one Manda!!!!
          My sisters stepson is pierced up the ying yang! It's so distracting when you talk to him!

Meg – I don't get the gaging thing either! I keep telling her she doesn't need bigger holes in her head but she doesn't listen. What is really sad is it took me quite a long time to figure out what she was doing.
          I kept asking her what those bizarre earrings were in her ears! (they are called tapers) Like Lisa said. Oy Vey!

My Diva started in around 12. She wasn't TOO bad, but had her moments! Her Diva started in around the age of 4! LOL! There is justice in the world!!! Still ROTFL!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.