Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Earthquake in NH????

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I was sitting on my couch watching the Mentalist….when my home began to shake….like a big truck was driving by….then it got bigger and bigger…..almost feeling like it was rolling. Then I watched my modem (it sits upright) rock back and forth…..WOWZEROOOOONIE.

It was a 4.6 earthquake located in Hollis ME….116 miles away!!! my heart has finally settled down!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

WOW Lynne…that's highly unusual for New England isn't it? Pretty scarey too, I would think. Hope everyone is okay.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Lynne, that is the scariest feeling, isn't it?
        I felt the one in (was it Virginia?) a year or so ago. It took a few seconds to realize that this was really happening…
        Was there any damage in ME?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Lynne, hope everything is OK. haven't heard anything about it yet here in Florida

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Isn't that scary when it happens. We had a big one (about 6.5 or something) here last year and I was kind of like What the heck are the stupid cats doing?, thinking they were running after each other up and down the stairs. Then I realized my computer desk was shaking and my vertical blinds were swaying back and forth.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

It was the strangest feeling every……..and scared the bageeeberzers outta me!!!
              Felt like the ground was just rolling.

They are pretty rare in NH…..just can't imagine what a 6.something would be like!!! OH MY WORD!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Yikes…. That must be pretty scary! Hope everything is okay!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh my Lynne, so glad everything is ok. We have had a few in IL. One even managed to wake me from my sleep.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Scary indeed. We had a Swarm I think they call it of small earthquakes last fall. Nothing big but still disturbing.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

What a strange feeling!!!!!! Hope everyone is ok.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Yikes! Glad you are okay, Lynne! I HATE earthquakes. I had a bad scare when I was small- we were watching ET in the movie theatre- we had to get under our seats, and beams from the ceiling were falling. It was terrifying. Ever since then, it makes me ill to think about it. I guess I didn't know that there were a lot earthquakes on the east coast.

EEEK! That's a little scary! I've never experienced one.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Oh Lynn, what a scare!!! I hate earthqukes! I lived in San Francisco 1989, you know, when the Bay Bridge fell. We lived in an old Victorian house and it swayed like a willow in the wind. Basically,it came off it's foundation and we had to move.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Wow Rae that must have been so scary, no wonder you don't like earthquakes!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

That's not something I ever want to experience! Sorry you had such a scare Lynne.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.