Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrappy Spaces Expedit or Jetmax?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I'm going to be starting my scraproom from scratch, and have been checking out the rooms here and on sb.com. I'm stuck between whether to go with Expedit fuiture or Jetmax cubes (or a combination of both). The Jetmax cubes look so versatile, but I can see how they'd get pricey quickly, whereas the Expedit is less costly, but the organization requires more thought, and the purchase of all the extra containers, etc might add to the price.

Opinions?

I'm also stuck on fuiture color. I'd always envisioned going with darker fuiture (like the black/brown Expedit), but I see a lot of craftrooms with white fuiture, and those with black generally have walls in the cool color range. The walls (freshly painted) in my craftroom are buttercup yellow, which I love, with white trim. Do you guys think I could get away with a combination of white and black fuiture in there? The combo would be because the drawer units that I'm looking at from Ikea to support the desktop don't come in black.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Personally I have both black and white fuiture in my room and I love it. You are welcome to view my room.

Sorry I can't give you an opinion on the Expedit vs the Jetmax because I'm not familiar with those brands. I went with the cubes from oriental trading and they are Ok…but VERY cheap particle board. Had to have hubby rig custom mounting because they would fall apart under their own weight…be careful with stuff like that.

Best of luck, and be sure to post lots of pics!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I personally love the Expedit shelving! That's my two cents. I also think the dark color against the buttercup will be gorgeous!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have white fuiture from For-Keeps-Sake with a new black counter top against a little greenish taupe wall. There are other photos on this thread under Kathi's Scrappy Space . I think a combination of both colors would look wonderful with the yellow

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Snagg1
                Send PM

Gorgeous room Kathi. Good luck Jackie. Expedit over jetmax in my opinion. Sturdier.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I just re-did my room using the black/brown Expedit shelves from Ikea. I also created my desk using the Vika Alex 5 drawer unit in white with the black Vika Amon table top in black. I LOVE my new room (will have to post pics one of these days…)

The Expedit is definitely more sturdy than the Jetmax (I had a similar setup before – not Jetmax, but same idea) and I definitely like the Expedit way better. I agree it can get pricey with the addition of extra pieces, however, since you live in the Vancouver area and have access to an Ikea, you can always pick away at buying the additional pieces.

Also, I think the black/white combination with your yellow walls would be beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures once you've got your new room all set up…

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

It might help if I included the pics
                    [url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333029156_41_FT150658_dsc04104.jpg][img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333029156_41_FT150658_dsc04104_.jpg[/img][/url]

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333029156_41_FT150658_dsc04105.jpg][img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333029156_41_FT150658_dsc04105_.jpg[/img][/url]

Love this room Kathi – so clean and organized!!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

i love my expedit….its just perfect. And alot of space too…you can even put some small doors or a box in it 🙂

Nice!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Kathi, gorgeous space!

Thanks for all the opinions and encouragement, ladies. I was hoping people would chime in with I hate my…, and though no one went that far, it sounds as though Expedit is the way to go.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I like the expedit too. Currently I have the jetmax cubes. Had i not had them first,i would have gone with the expedit.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Okay Kathi I'm moving into your house to scrap, I love your room!

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Steph, actually, there's a looooong line of Savages hollering dibs!!!!!
                              It's a dream room, isn't it?

Krissy
                              Krissy
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

Steph, actually, there's a looooong line of Savages hollering dibs!!!!!
                                It's a dream room, isn't it?

It sure is, we redid my room last year taking out the carpet and putting laminate in and I painted it but nothing like Kathi's place. Here's a few pics of mine

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333137935_1061_FT150658_new1.jpg[/img]
                                [img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333137935_1061_FT150658_new2.jpg[/img]
                                [img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333137935_1061_FT150658_new3.jpg[/img]
                                [img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333137935_1061_FT150658_new4.jpg[/img]
                                [img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333137935_1061_FT150658_new5.jpg[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.