Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW Favourite Tools

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Angelica Angelica 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bec
    Bec
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

It’s getting very close to Christmas which means it’s a perfect time to buy ourselves new scrapbook products. I’ll defiantly be buying myself a few new things (or lots?) this Christmas.

So the question this week is which of your tool/products are your favourite and would recommend others buy?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Bec Bec.
      Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Buy latest favourite tool are the Tim Holtz kushgrip micro scissors. I first saw a student using these in one of my classes and she cut a metal embellishment with ease. I brought them straight away and they are amazing, they cut everything, the handles are extra comfy, plus they are excellent for fussy cutting.

My other most used tool is my paper distresser, I have two, the Prima distress tool which is my fav (if you don’t own one it’s a must have). This works best on thicker papers but not so well on thin papers (e.g. Kaisercraft). So for the thin papers I use the Tim Holtz distress tool, the only down side to this tool is that it is small and I’m always losing it under my mess.

Let me know more tools I need to buy ?

Angelica
        Angelica
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I’m always in need for new scissors! Mine are always gummed up.
          I love my Prima distress tool and I’m with you on losing the Tim Holtz distress tool under my mess. Drives me nuts!

I can’t think of any other tools I need right now.

talkis
          talkis
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I’m agree with Bec the Tim Holtz kushgrip micro scissors is the best scissors ever.

And my new purchase is the news Finnabair Texture Brush I love it I give you a video of Sneak If you like it to.

I know that the question is not about the medium, but I leave you a video igh on a new product of Finnabair. I want absolutely too.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by talkis talkis.
            • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by talkis talkis.
            Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Cindy, I saw the video and hmmmmmmmmmm………..

Let’s see. Actually, now that I think about it, my most used tool is my pair of Honey Bee scissors. They’re coated, so I can clean the gunk off pretty easily. I’ve always loved them for fussy cutting and I reach for them a lot when I’m distressing. Like Bec, I do love my Timmy scissors for cutting heavier things.
              Of course I love my silicone mat (so much that I’m on my second!)

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

droopidog
              droopidog
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Those texture brushes do look interesting. They maybe on my radar.

I do love my distress tool. I use the same ones as Bec and Ang.

I use cutterbee scissors like Peggy. Oh and that Heidi Swapp silicone mat is to die for. Nothing sticks to that thing.

Kim
                My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Kathi
                Kathi
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Love my Prima distress tool, my tweezers, can’t craft without them, and Timmy scissors.

take time to smell the roses

Bec
                  Bec
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Cindy I’ve watched those Finnabair video and those products look amazing, I’ll be adding those to my must have list.

Kim, I’ve always wondered about the Heidi swapp mats, sounds like I’ll have to invest in one of those too ? although I do love my Ranger craft mat

StephD
                    StephD
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I do love my Prima distress tool and my Basic Grey magnetic mat. Oh and my vintage photo distress ink pad.

msjan1
                      msjan1
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

My favorite tool is the Distrezz it All. Love that thing and use it all the time. I too have the Timmy scissors. Almost bought a new pair because the very tip broke off of one of the blades. I am still debating on the craft mat. I don’t really have any tools on my Christmas list.

I did order the mini scrap box in November. It is on back order. grrrrr. I would love to have the clearview scrap desk.

RAE
                        RAE
                        Swirly Moderator
                          Send PM

I am not thinking of any tools that I need or want! I mostly want ALL of the new Prima stuff they have been showing on their blog though. And, I am considering going to ArtVenture in January before CHA, IF they still have spots available.

msjan1
                          msjan1
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

oooo, that would be fun, Rae! Hope you get to go.

Merrihew
                            Merrihew
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I hope you get to go to ArtVenture, Rae! It sounds like fun!

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Oooooh, Rae!!!! That sound awesome!!!! Fingers crossed that you can go!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
                                RAE
                                Swirly Moderator
                                  Send PM

I’m going! I’m sooooooo excited! I mean have you SEEN the class pics on FB?? O.M.G!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.