This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Beggahuna made this Gorgeous sketch for our Card Adventure

card1.jpg

And here's my card using the sketch, and how I did this.

thinking2.jpg

supplies needed: cream cardstock (base of your card) PP's – distress ink – embellishments.

1-1.jpg

I folded a piece of cream cardstock double, and choose my PP that I wanted to use.
    Distressed and inked all their edges.

2-1.jpg

I wanted to do some sweet stitching on my lace, so I glued 2 pieces of lace to a tiny strip
    of cardstock.

3-1.jpg

here's what it looked like on the front. Ready for stitching.

4-1.jpg

I gave the lace some cross stitching.

5.jpg

I hand stitched my background paper.

6.jpg

Added some real coffee spots. And started to layer my PP, like in the sketch.

7.jpg

I cut a circle out of PP and layered it on a green piece of PP. Made my scalloped circle
    by using a deco scissor. The yellowish flower was handmade. I cut the smallest flower from,
    Tim Holtz's Tattered florals die, Used several pieces of fabric for this and stack them together.

8.jpg

I cut out (from the barcode strip of the paper that came in the kit)
    2 tiny birdies and gave them a touch of glitter. For the finishing touch I added Platinum stickles.
    And I was done.

Snagg1
      Send PM

I really like the cross stitching over the lace. How do you get your circle to look so nice and round using those scissors? LOL I'm so challenged when it comes to those things. ;D

Fantastic tutorial, Paulien! Your card is gorgeous!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow, so Gorgoeus!!!!

I really like the cross stitching over the lace. How do you get your circle to look so nice and round using those scissors? LOL I'm so challenged when it comes to those things. ;D

This is how I did that…….

circleandsquare.jpg

cut a circle and a square

mattcircletosquare.jpg

glue your circle on the suqare

begintocut.jpg

begin cutting like this

scallop.jpg

there is your perfect *deco* cut circle.

finished.jpg

For this one I decided to put a tad smaller glass in the middle of my circle. brushed some Gesso around it. Let that air dry for 10-15 minutes then with a knife I added some lines in it. Give it a quick dry with my heatgun and added some Glossy Accents on some spots, which got sprinkled with fine glitter.
        Perfect embellishment for my next card!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

A beautiful card Paulien and a great tutorial. I know it is week three but I have just worked out what pp means B)

Oh my gosh Jennie… really?? Why didn't you asked?

Sometimes all those shortenings are giving me a grrrr too.
          esp when it comes to manufactorers (sp)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Boy you sure have a lot of tricks up your sleeve! Love the cross stitched lace and how you threw a little coffee on there! That's a beautiful sketch and I love your card. I'm hoping that this week I'll get caught up on getting some cards done.

*giggling at Jennie* There's a few abbreviations that give me trouble too. I just skim over them thinking I'll figure it out some day. LOL. There should be a dictionary somewhere. ;)

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

This is sooooooooooo pretty!!!!! Love your cross stitching idea and thanks so much for the lesson on scalloped circle.
              Beggahuna sketch, Paulien tutorial, this is a match made in Heaven!!!!

Oh my to beautiful Paulien!!! Absolutely beautiful!!

Loved this sketch. I just had to give it a try..

I had to look up RAK a couple of weeks ago. Had no clue what it meant:)

Awesome tricks Pauline!!!Love the card!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Beutiful card and great tut!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.