Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! February 21th – take 1 Shapes & Fun things. (video)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, We are ready for week 4 (take 1) Shapes and Fun things and for today I have prepaired one of these Gift Tubes.

gt.jpg

Aren't they cute?!!!

sgt1.jpg

And this one, I did a step by step tutorial on. Here are some detail pictures: Top:

sgttop.jpg

The lid can, of course, be taken of. bottom and stamping on acetate.

sgtbottomandstamping.jpg

the back

sgtback.jpg

And here's a small one I did:

lgt.jpg

lgtback.jpg

If you want to do a smaller one, just adjust the height.

Because you were all soooooooooooo SWEET……. (on my 1st ever video) I did another video tutorial, for this gift tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K57NfDBQGPw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0?

Your assignment… I think is obvious….
    Get to play with stamping on acetate and make a fun gift box or gift tube!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Wow..those are wonderful. Thank you so much for this video Paulien. I was trying to come up with a simple gift I could make for my MIL b-day that's Thurs.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

WOW Paulien!!! Gorgeous, Creative, and just WOWOWOWWOW!!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Pauline, your video is excellent and your tubes are gorgeous!!!! I MUST do this!!!! TFS

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I am just overawed! These are just quite fantastic Paulien and the video is superb. I really really want to do these (and last week's card still to do!) and I'm working on my Swirlyhues – will the world please stand still so that I can catch up please!

oh wow the are just so very beautiful and creative!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Pauline, it's no wonder I can hardly tear myself away from my computer. You are just a never ending source of joy. I LOVE these tubes. They are so beautiful and something that my mom will love for a gift. I'm in agreement with Jennie…so many projects I WANT to do, not quite enough time… but I definitely will be making these for Mother's Day!

Thank you sweeties!!!!

LOL…. I shall slow down now to give you a little play time. lol.

These gifts tubes are gorgeous, Paulien! I'm hoping to find some time to scrap this weekend!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

These are so freakin gorgeous. Plus so very practical, I love them. Can't wait to make them. Thanks Paulien.

;D FABULOUS!!! What a great idea! I will have to watch that video when I have a moment

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

GORGEOUS! I'm off to watch the video…

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Well this project didn't tu out quite the same as yours Paulien, but it was totally inspired by your gift tubes.

One night as I was washing up the dishes, I noticed what a pretty pickle jar I had once the label was off. So I tucked it away in the den of horrors I call a craft room, hoping that someday a use could be found for it.

At a craft market last week, I found a beautiful, frothy scarf for my mother, and the wheels began to spin. This would be perfect to tuck in Paulien's gift tube that I've been planning to make …. but I already have a pretty pickle jar …. and I'm a little bit lazy – no, make that short on time … but I want it to look as pretty as Paulien's gift tubes …ok, I've got it ….I'll PRETEND it's a gift tube and DECORATE it like it's a gift tube… I thought to myself.

A before picture: (Ignore the label. I forgot to take a picture of the jar before I put it on.)

[img:width=600&height=800]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1336363143_550_FT144016_002b_.jpg[/img]

And an after picture:

[img:width=600&height=960]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1336363189_550_FT144016_003a_.jpg[/img]

You can see I decided to let the scarf be part of the decoration. The beautiful label came from the Midnight Waltz kit. Thanks so much Paulien for all your wonderful ideas! This is so much better than shoving it in a dollar store gift bag! 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

That's gorgeous, Linda! I love the way you've cut the image out from the What Nots and the way you've surrounded it with bling. Beautiful!

Oh Linda…. That looks so soooo GORGEOUS!!!!! And you are so right, that is a beautiful jar. I totally love how you dressed it up. I bet your mom will be so thrilled. please let us know. And thank you, for your sweet words!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.