This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I love this tech kit and want to thank Lynne and Tiffany for inspiring me.  I did a lot on this chest.

021-3-1.jpg?

031-1-1.jpg?

First thing I did was paint the entire chest (not the little drawers) a dark brown acrylic paint.  Then I covered it in crackle medium.  After that dried, I painted over the top of the crackle medium in a white/cream paint.

011-6-2.jpg?

After all of the paint dried, I used a stencil and my trusty molding paste and went around the chest.  When the paste hardened I used the Rose Distress stain that came in the kit and using a paper towel I added the stain to my stenciled flowers.  I also used some Peeled Paint Distress Stain.

025-1-1.jpg?

007-4-1.jpg?

I went around the chest with my Prima Rasp Tool and roughed up some of the edges and coers.  I also roughed up the shelves near the edge under the boxes.  This way it looked wo from the boxes being pulled out and pushed in.  I went over all of these roughed up spots with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age them a bit more.

I also used Lumiere Paint on my keyhole and hinges.  I used some green and then ran them through my cuttlebug and dry embossed them.  Then I used a combintation of Copper and Bronze Lumiere Paint to give them a bit of a patina.

004-6-1.jpg?

I used some Walnut Distress Stain on the inside of the little boxes.  I did cut strips of paper and, like Tiffany, I covered all 4 sides of the boxes.  Then I used my rasp to distress the edges and the finger slot and then used a combination of Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age them.

006-5-2.jpg?

Threw some flowers on top and called it a day. 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Lisa, this is gorgeous!! Love all the techniques you used

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

OMG, I'm loving all of these tech kits! So wonderfully gorgeous Lisa!!

WOW!!!!! i might have to get another set of boxes. i love yours!!! ;D

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that crackle effect is absolutley amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Gorgeous…. I can't wait until I can get my kit to play

Ohhhh It came out so GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

WOW LISA!!!! Absol7utely GORGEOUS!!! Love, love, love how the crackle paint and molding paste came out!!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh, Lisa, this is fantastically, stunningly awesome!!!!! And thanks so much for sharing your how to's; I love the idea of using the rasper…

Gorgeous, Lisa! Love what you did with the crackle paint!

Absolutely beautiful! And putting the paper around all 4 edges of the boxes doesn't cause I problem with them opening and closing smoothly?

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Beautiful Lisa. Love the crackle and molding paste effect.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Wow Lisa, this is absolutely AMAZING! I love everything about it, but I especially love the crackle effect and the flower cluster at the top. Thank you for sharing – I'll have to give your crackle technique a try (love the look of the brown paint first and then the white). You put so much time into this project and it shows – it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Absolutely beautiful! And putting the paper around all 4 edges of the boxes doesn't cause I problem with them opening and closing smoothly?

Thanks so much everyone! 🙂

To answer your question, no, the paper doesn't affect the opening and closing. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Lisa, that is gorgeous! I especially love the stenciling!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.