Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Finnabar style – how to cover gesso?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I am trying to create a layout in Finnabar's style but it is not working. None of my mists are covering the gesso..the mists are just sliding down to the bottom of whatever ridges there are…..does anyone know what she uses? I could have swo she uses mists???

She doesn't use gesso, use matte medium instead. It is glue AND gives the base for the mists to stick to.

well dang! I would have never…ever….guessed that…Manda you are tuing into my valued go to girl! Thanks so much!

LOL! You are welcome!

Gesso is actually a resist medium, really cool for masking but not for Finn's style – sorry!

Forgot to say that you can rub gelatos over gesso though for a nice effect.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

A matte medium? Like what?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I use liquitex matte medium….you can buy it at Michaels, it's right where the gesso is…..I tried the artist loft brand but didn't care much for it. some people really like Claudine Hellmuths..but once I tried liquitex I found it to work the best!

I use the Studio brand by Ranger or the Liquitex. Both work fine for me, I think the Liquitex is a little more sticky.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

A matte medium? Like what?

It't the gel medium that we got in the October Tech Kit! 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks for the info ladies!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.