Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Gabbie needs a few prayers…

This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Just want to let you know, I was on my way home from work tonight and received a distressing phone call. You know, the one that a mother doesn't want to get. Gabbie was admitted to the hospital tonight. They were making fish in school today. Cod to be exact. They ate the last hour of school. On her way home on the train, she wasnt feeling well. Her face was breaking out and itchy, her eyes felt puffy and she felt her tongue tingling, she was panicking, By the time they got back to the apartment, she felt like she was having a hard time breathing. I told her to get off the phone and dial 911, but her roommate was one step ahead of me and did just that, as I was on the phone with Gabbie. The fire department got there in less than 2 minutes, and EMS got there in less than 5, and got her to the hospital in 5. The paramedic from the fire department administered an Epi shot, gave her oxygen and kept her calm. She was getting worse as they approached the hospital and in the ER gave her another epi shot. All the while her roommate kept me on the phone. Talk about freaking out. The ER is trying to get in touch with the school to back track the food and how it was prepared. Gabbie does have a peanut allergy, and they want to know if any of the products they cooked with contained peanut products, But they are sure it was the fish that caused the Anaphylactic reaction. The poor kid thought she was going to die. I finally spoke to her 1 half hour ago, she felt better, but was still very tearful. I am waiting on a call from the physician. Keep her in your prayers please. Thank you.

Oh Lisa I'm so sorry to hear about Gabbie. I hope everything will tu out well. sending T & P's her way

My thoughts and prayers are with you. How terribly frightening for both of you. Let us know how Gabbie is doing.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Prayers for you and Gabbie. Please let us know how she is doing.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

aww that is so horrible for yuo all to go through that….I hope everything tus ok fine and they figure out quickly what caused it. Will be thinking about you both, a very stressful time.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh no, Lisa!! I sure hope they figure out the problem so that it doesn't happen again. Will keep you guys in my thoughts.

Sending big hugs and prayers for both of you!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Lisa, poor thing!!!! Prayers on the way for all of you….

Oh the poor thing! And for you not to be able to be there for her. Big Hugs and prayers for both of you!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Lisa, please keep us posted!!!!!!!

can't imagine being so far away from her – hope they find out the true reason behind this – so scary!!
              T's and P's

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh no! Poor Gabbie. And poor you. I hope she gets well soon. You guys will be in my thoughts.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

OMG Lisa, how truly horrifying for all of you! So glad the emergency people got to her so quickly! Thoughts, Prayers and big healing hugs are with both Gabbie and you guys.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

oh dear, that is an awful phone call to get! Glad to hear that she is feeling back to normal real soon!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

OMG! How frightening for both of you! I hope the find out what caused it for sure, so she can avoid it happening again! Keeping her in my prayers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.