Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Ghost Stories

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I wanted to start this last night but I was chilled fom standing on a cold, windy, rainy soccer field watching my daughter Serena play soccer. (They Won) I wanted to start a Ghost Story thread for October. Please feel free to add your ghost story.

I will start. The school I attended as a child was said to be haunted. The school was built in the early 1950's and was run by the Catholic Church and then Indian affairs. The first teachers were all nuns. They lived in the school on the top floor. They also had a house right by the school. There was a nurses station in the far coer of the school and there was a maze of rooms. My father attended school there. He actually leaed his prayers in Latin. He always said it was not a nice place to be. Anyway one of the nuns had died while she was there and the rumours were she had killed herself. When the church was no longer in charge the stories began to surface of the ghost. The apartments were filled with employees from other newly formed departments. One of the new tenants was standing in the Hallway in his pajamas as the staff were arriving to start the school day. When he was asked why he was not dressed he replied that he was afraid to go upstairs. As he awoke he heard noices from the living area and when he walked in a woman dressed in a dark clothes with a white smock and winged hat was standing at the window. She tued to him and uttered something in another languange and disappeared in front of his eyes.
      What really happened we will probably never know but her presence is still felt today. She has been seen several times and when the school was rebuilt she moved into the new school. There is even security video footage of a shadowy figuring wearing a winged hat going through the door way.
      [img:width=446&height=640]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317562248_793_FT0_grey_nun.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

goosebumps!!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

and shivers!!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Cool idea for a thread. I don't have any stories myself but am looking forward to reading everyone elses.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Cool story!

Oh, awesome! Love the picture to go along with the story. It was so easy to visualize the ghost by the window with the pointy hat….goosebumps for the reals!

We have lots of ghosts in San Angelo due to an 1880's era fort. I'll take some pics of it and relate the story.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Yikes!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Fort Concho

Military specters and a young girl's ghost have been seen. In addition to Texas Fort Concho's officers' quarters, its barracks and headquarters are also haunted.
                Fort Concho was built in 1867 to protect settlers and transportation routes from Indian attacks. One of the citadel’s most famous commanders was Colonel Ranald Mackenzie. Due to his successful campaigns against the Indians, he and his men were called Mackenzie’s Raiders.

The fort was abandoned in 1889 because there were no more risks of hostile assaults. In 1935, the city of San Angelo bought the fort and began restoration to tu it into a museum that offers an added attraction for ghost hunters,
                Mackenzie’s Ghost Haunts Fort Concho
                The colonel’s specter had been sighted by staff and visitors in his old home at the center of Officers Row, which was their housing. It is said that Mackenzie loved his house and its site because he could see almost everything that was happening in the fort at any time.

Fort Concho’s Girl Ghost
                Colonel Grierson’s twelve year old daughter, Edith, died of typhoid fever on September 9, 1878 in an upstairs bedroom of one of the houses. Many people have sighted her phantom in this and other houses along Officers Row. Usually, she’s seen playing jacks.
                It's said that the room is colder than the others in the building. Spectral Edith acknowledges the presence of the witnesses by tuing her head and smiling at them before she goes back to her game.

Florist Encounters Ghostly Edith of Fort Concho
                When a florist was asked to deliver flowers to the Fort, he delivered the flowers to the Officers Row house. He was asked to put them into two upstairs bedrooms. As he went up the stairs, he noticed the temperature felt cooler than it was in the foyer.
                When he went into the first bedroom, he almost tripped over a young girl playing jacks on the floor. The child didn’t acknowledge him. The florist put them on the nightstand as directed, then put the other bouquet in the second bedroom. Before he left, he looked into the first bedroom, noticed the girl was gone, that the flowers had been moved to a table and her jacks were on the nightstand.

As the florist was leaving, he saw a picture above the fireplace that looked like the girl he had seen. He believed he had encountered the resident’s daughter and told the woman how she had moved the flowers. She told him she had no daughter, that Edith had died in the room and others had seen her.

Ghost in Barracks #7
                There is supposedly a soldier dressed in blue that haunts Barracks #7. He died in the Fort on Christmas Day. He is the only soldier to have died at the fort. He can still be seen today standing at the window looking out onto the parade grounds.

Present day Fort Concho. Sorry, but I couldn't get this pic with the story of the hauntings at the Fort.
                [img:width=400&height=300]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1317599096_45_FT121551_flagpole-custom-size-400-3151.jpg[/img]

The larger building on the right is where little Edith still haunts the Fort. All fourth graders in San Angelo visit the Fort each year and attend school in the Fort school house complete with school marm, slates, lunch buckets and lessons. Before we leave, I make sure that all the students have heard the story of little Edith. They've even seen her….with not too much encouragement!

On Halloween, there is a Ghost Tour of the fort.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Too cool. Great ghost story Debbie. Love the pic. You can just imagine the florists surprise.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Too fun! Love both of these stories.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Wonderful story Debbie!!! Shivers!!!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Thanks, Debbie; that's a wonderful story.

Very cool stories! Have either of you seen the ghosts?

Snagg1
                          Send PM

I have been trying to add another story of something weird that happened to me each time my page expires and boots me off site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.