Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Giftbox tutorial – using the November *Beloved* kit

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Today I'd like to share a giftbox I made, using the November kit.
    You may think it is a bit complicated, but it is not. I photographed each step to make this as easy as possible, but if you do have a question, feel free to ask.

Here's the box:
    PicMonkeyCollagemonk_zps64f62dc1.jpg

and here's how it came together.

0_zpsa83f4aee.jpg
    For my giftbox I started with a piece of cardstock, cut down to 8.1/4 x 10.1/4

1_zps8c97d51e.jpg
    From left to right I scored at 1.1/2 – 2.1/4 – 3 – 5.1/4 – 6 and 6.3/4 Make your folds.

2_zps36f47a8d.jpg
    I rotated my cardstock and if you look closely to the picture you can see that I only scored the middelest section. (between the tiny black dots) From left to right I scored at 5/8 – 1.3/8 – 2.1/8 – 8.1/8 – 8.7/8 – 9.5/8

3_zpsdc0b44cf.jpg
    Cut the lines till the marks.

4_zps03bc2f81.jpg
    Repeat this on the other side.

4-1_zps65cce816.jpg
    I first made straight cuts and then a little extra snip with an angle. (I hope you get what I mean. look closely to the picture)

5_zpsa260bab6.jpg
    As you can see in this picture… cut the 2 little flaps a little shorter. Repeat on the other side.

7_zps4a1cbbe6.jpg
    See the black lines in this picture? Those need to be cut off. I did one, in the left bottom coer, for you to see.

8_zpse1a78c27.jpg
    Fold the little flaps in. You could secure with a drop of glue if you want.

9_zps78c61cb3.jpg
    Fold the top inwards, over the little flaps.

10_zps523925f7.jpg
    Like so

11_zpsdd34bff3.jpg
    Secure with a dot of glue! And repeat on the other side.

12_zpse94587fe.jpg
    For the long side: add glue to the top part, like in the picture

13_zpsa6ca78e7.jpg
    Fold it inwards and press it to the bottom.

14_zpsc4db7b33.jpg
    Repeat at the other side and your box is now finished.

15_zps96b60ed2.jpg
    For the cover of the box I cut a piece of cardstock at 6 x 8.3/8. BUT you might want to cut it at 6.1/8 x 8.3/8 Then it will fit a little better.

16_zpsc44618ca.jpg
    Score from left to right at 1.7/8 – 2.3/4 – 5.1/8 – 6

17_zps247e4e51.jpg
    Add glue to the left part and glue it together.

18_zps0054cd0f.jpg
    You have now both of these pieces.

19_zps7b3aa7f7.jpg
    Your cover will be little wider than your box is. I did this on purpose, cause I wanted to dress up the sides of my box.

******* Pardon me for the light difference*******

20m_zpse918652a.jpg
    As you can see here I added some lace all around my box.

21m_zps05bc82b7.jpg
    I made 2 holes at the top and made a loop using twine – knotted it on the inside.

22m_zps065e5dd1.jpg
    Then I selected my papers to dress up my cover and box. I just eye-balled it and cut it to size.

23m_zps868fe123.jpg
    I lightly distressed and inked the papers.

24m_zps89aa979b.jpg
    And glued them to the cover.

25m_zps567c2838.jpg
    Then I cut a strip of PP at 3/4 of an inch by 12 and scrunched it up

26m_zps8174f22a.jpg
    I glued it around the bottom of the cover.

27m_zps622ab3e3.jpg
    From the sticker sheet I chose this border

28m_zpsd70ad378.jpg
    And glued it all around the top of the cover.

29m_zps55c16e4f.jpg
    These are my main embellishments, and that white flower is made from texture paste.
    Let me show you how I did that.

30m_zps4d51d01a.jpg
    I used a piece of vellum, (used it before to die cut some flowers) I wanted my flower to be as big as the,(earlier) biggest die cut flower, so that is my guide…..

31m_zpsc1894ea3.jpg
    I scooped some texture paste on my spatula (which has rounded coers)

32m_zps0987b8c9.jpg
    And I simply pressed with my spatula onto the vellum and dragged towards me.

33m_zpsb877402e.jpg
    I repeated that a couple of times to form petals

34m_zpsfa5acb7f.jpg
    Till I had formed a flower. The last petal was the hardest and I had to use my finger to give it the right shape. Then I let the flower dry oveight, and carefully cut around the petals, the next moing.

35_zps69458578.jpg
    So these will be my main embellies, but first let me show you something fun using the raffia.

36m_zpsebc898a9.jpg
    From the raffia, I shaped some leaves. First open up the raffia – then, hold your thumb in the middle and twist the top – cut it to size – if you like you can add a stamen, you want to put a little glue on the stamen – and twist the bottom.

37m_zpsde782f15.jpg
    I added some pearls, a sticker and a butterfly to my embellishments I want to use to decorate my box.

38m_zps735f2801.jpg
    And started to glue them down using Beacon Fabri-Tac. Even the texture paste flower, which has a vellum back, was glued down with Fabri-Tac

39m_zps825cbaf2.jpg
    In this picture you see my gluing down process

40m_zpsccf6d7fb.jpg
    And I finished it off with some pearls and a butterfly.

41m_zps6890bbab.jpg
    I decieded that the inside of the box would look a little prettier with a piece of lace glued down on both ends.

PicMonkeyCollagemonk_zps64f62dc1.jpg
    And there you have it.

I hope you like it.

What a gorgeous little gift box! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial, Paulien!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Jaw dropping gorgeous, my friend!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

WOW, so pretty!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Oh my dear, not only is this a great idea, but your project is stunning!!!!
        Thanks so much for coming up with this!!!!!

Paulien, I love the box. Thank you for the great tutorial!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This is so pretty

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

That is gorgeous Paulien, love how you made the leaves, so clever!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.