Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Giftbox – using the January 2015, Bejeweled kit.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I know this thread says cards, but I wanted to do something different for today…….

PicMonkeyCollagemon_zpsc85a07a3.jpg

PicMonkeyCollageC_zpsd0f36189.jpg

Before I start with HOW TO…. here's the template
    giftbox600_zpseda156e9.jpg
    When you want to print this template: Save this pic to your computer and make sure that the settings of your printer says for paper size A4. I have several size options in my drop-down menu, and I have clicked Full page. So this template will fill the entire A4 size paper. You might want to print a trial version first.

So, let's get to it.

0mo_zpsd9ed1593.jpg
    Cut the Bo Bunny paper at A4 wide (leave the extra lenght) Put your paper in your printer with the *good side* up. The good side means, the side you want to see for the outside.

1m_zpsac49afa1.jpg
    the template will be printed on the backside (dotted side)

2m_zpsac382b1e.jpg
    Cut along all the solid lines, and cut out the little triangle shapes.

3m_zpsf2c73d15.jpg
    On the good side, make the scorelines like in this picture.

4m_zps2b36923e.jpg
    With the dotted side up, score the diagonal lines. (I marked them with arrows for you)

5m_zpsb6470a0a.jpg
    It looks like this on the *good side*

6m_zpse241dd70.jpg
    Then score the long vertical lines on the good side. Again, I marked them for you

7m_zpsd8d6d59c.jpg
    on the *good side* add glue to the (with x marked) flaps.

8m_zps32a8f2a3.jpg
    Glue your box together like this.

9m_zps4aca4fc2.jpg
    Gently fold the bottom together till

10m_zps6dbdae39.jpg
    it looks like this

11m_zps8783c693.jpg
    And press all the way down. This will be the bottom of the box.

12m_zps014c9a95.jpg
    Flip your box

13m_zpsc58c4d31.jpg
    And press the top together

14m_zps31f329ba.jpg
    but leave it like this. Don't press all the way down. Your box is now ready to decorate. Of course you can use whatever you want to decorate your box. Stamps, stencils, lace, flowers you name it.

15_zpsa7c0ef85.jpg
    I started mine with, inking up all the edges.Then,using the Bo Bunny stamps that came in the kit, I stamped a border all around the bottom, using versa mark and white embossing powder. (heat set it) Then I stamped, using Archival ink, my images to the front.

16_zpsed71d420.jpg
    and back of the box.

17_zps457839fd.jpg
    Using the flowers/vine and cord from the kit, I started decorating my box.

18_zps82480bd8.jpg
    I diecut a few leaves, colored them with Art Anthology paint, in leaf, and sprinkled them with diamond dust glass glitter. Then I glued them like this, using hot glue

19_zps492c91fa.jpg
    I glued a Prima dangling, that came in the Main Kit, from undeeath one of the leaves.

20_zpsf1c89a7b.jpg
    On the other side I also glued a few flowers, a cut up piece of the Petaloo vine and a dangling, in a little cluster to my box.

21_zps8507dcac.jpg
    From the cord that came in the Main Kit, I tied a bow and glued it on top of my cluster. And I glued some pearls at the bottom.

22_zpsed6ae426.jpg
    On the back, I diecut a little frame (from TH Tag die) For texture, I added some Gesso to it,just dabbed it on with my finger. After it dried I glued it to my box and added the tiny labels with sentiment. To finish it up I placed some pearls.

23_zps1ed3d5cf.jpg
    I also placed some pearls on the top. And called it done.

As You can see, this box has a lot of potential and is awesome to give a personalised gift. You can adjust the hight by adjusting the middelest part of your template. You can decorate after your own liking and also choose any paper you want as long as you keep thickness in mind. You definitely want a sturdy box.

I hope you like it and give it a try.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

WOW Paulien, that is gorgeous, really love it!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Beautiful !!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Gorgeous and creative. Love it.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

So. Last night, I was putting the finishing touches on my layout – the first using the Bejeweled kit – and I was thinking that this paper would be perfect for something other than layouts and cards and I was trying to think of what that something could be. Obviously, I was reading Paulien's mind, or she was reading mine in advance, because this is perfect!!!!
            And gorgeous to boot!!!!

Thanks so much for doing this Paulien !heart it's on my moost do list!!!!!

LOL Peggy! I can't wait to see yours!

That is awesome, Paulien. I love your tuts!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Gorgeous!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

WOW! This is awesome!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Paulien this is so pretty! Fantastic step out, thank you !heart

Glad you all like it!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Awesome little box Paulien and great tutorial, going to gibe this a try for sure!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I REALLY love this!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Here's my attempt at this cute box. I didn't really have a stamp that I thought would go with the box,

[img:width=500&height=506]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1421877119_1061_FT256200_gift-box.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

That's nice, Steph. I really want to make one of these. I JUST got a printer and I need to hook it up so I can use the template!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.