Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Introduce Yourself! Glad to finally be here

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I finally did it after wanting to for a year. My problem was (is) I buy every scrapthing I want and by the time the kits came out I had half the stuff in them. Now I've decided (finances have decided) that I must cut back so I decided to join a kit club and that would be my only scrap-expenditure each month..oh hahahaha lol and hahaha..who believes that? Anyway I am thrilled to have finally joined and I just received my first kit today and cannot wait for the weekend so I can plunge right into it…even signed up for a challenge.
    My name is Jeannie..I also belong to the SB.com as Dollscrap. I live in Califoia about 20 miles from SF. I'm married with two grown daughters who are still at home and provide me with lots of scrap fodder…plus we have 2 dogs and a grandbunny. I love gardening and baseball and reading and scrapping…not necessarily in that order.
    I think I am going to love it here and am already inspired by all the scrapbooking awesomeness I see here.

Snagg1
      Send PM

So happy to have you here Jennie!!! You will love our crazy little world. Everyone here is like family.

Which kit did you get? Do you remember the name? Krissy is debuting the October Add-ons today. You don't want to miss out on that! Can;t wait to see your work with the kits.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Welcome to our Swirly world excited to have you here.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo another convert! Welcome welcome welcome. Seriously like family here. Can always count on these ladies for whateveah. If you have a blog put it up in the blog roll…would love to see your work.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

welcome jeannie to our funny crazy world!!!

Welcome, you are gonna love it here!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Welcome to Swirlyville! You're showing amazing restraint waiting until the weekend to dive into your kit. I'm tempted to blow off plans when mine arrives on my doorstep just so I can open it and caress each piece lovingly. Can't wait to see your work!

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome. No blog…I am the most technically challenge person here probably. I do have my layouts displayed in the gallery if SB.com (google dollscrap and it should come up) if anyone is interested.
              lavent3 ..The kit I got is called Rendevous and since I am a big fan of vintage, I'm gonna have fun with this one. Love it! It must be the October kit so I should probably check out the add-ons as I will probably NEED them….there goes my no-scrap-spending resolve..byebye.
              Jax..
              I don't usually have restraint but I am in the middle of rearranging all my scrapcrap having just gotten back from a retreat. I can't stand to begin scrapping again til it is all organized…it will not stay organized.

Jeannie!!!! I know you!!!!!!! So good to have you here doll!! What on earth took you so long!! Well, you made it to our wild and crazy world. But it is very creative!! And the swirly girls (and 1 guy..what happened to our policeman!!!??) are the nicest scrap artists you ever want to meet! Everyone is so full of creativity and they share at the drop of a dime..or two… So kick back, relax and get your scrap on!!!

Welcome-1.gif

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Hey, Jeannie, welcome!!!!
                I know you're gonna love it over here; I guess you already know about the awesomeness of the kits. Stick around the forums and you'll find out about the awesomeness of the members. Although I can't promise that we'll help you toward thriftiness, lol!!!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome. No blog…I am the most technically challenge person here probably. I do have my layouts displayed in the gallery if SB.com (google dollscrap and it should come up) if anyone is interested.
                  lavent3 ..The kit I got is called Rendevous and since I am a big fan of vintage, I'm gonna have fun with this one. Love it! It must be the October kit so I should probably check out the add-ons as I will probably NEED them….there goes my no-scrap-spending resolve..byebye.
                  Jax..
                  I don't usually have restraint but I am in the middle of rearranging all my scrapcrap having just gotten back from a retreat. I can't stand to begin scrapping again til it is all organized…it will not stay organized.

Jennie that was our September kit. LOVE IT!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Hi Jeannie Welcome to Swirlyville.

Ok too soon for October….I thought that Poetry en Prose was Sept…so is that August then?? And will I not get the Oct kit til the end of the month//does anyone know…I'd ask Krissy but from what I have been reading around these forums she seems to be really busy.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Jeannie, P en P WAS August, the one you received is September. (Isn't it gorgeous!!!!!!?)
                      It will be a little hectic around here for a bit, but yes, the October kit is the next to be released.
                      I guess you noticed the Swirling; let's see if I can explain what is one of our oldest traditions…
                      Krissy gives Subscribers first dibs on the various Add-On kits well before their release to the general public. They are sold on a first come, first served basis.
                      We Swirly Savages (more on that term in a bit) seem to find it hard to do things like other scrappers; we wait for the Little Bird to fly by, hint that there just may be something worth looking at pretty soon in the Kit threads. On the actual Bird Day, we all start to swirl, aka gather on the latest bird thread and chat and check in and out as time and life permit. We keep on looking for signs of the Bird in the form of Krissy appearing in the list of those online. (The Bird, like all birds, has a habit of flitting in and out, lol)
                      Finally, what we're all waiting for: a new thread appears entitled (month) Add-Ons. And then the stampede begins; remember that there is a limited quantity of Add-Ons. Lots of me me me me get outa my way and sooo much virtual hip-checking and elbowing and such in an effort to nail down the desired addys, lol!!! And THIS is why we're called Savages, a title that we all wear proudly ;D
                      Some of us are perma; you do have the option of asking Krissy to put you on that status for the individual add-on kits (i.e. cardstock, embellie, etc) and you'll automatically be signed up for these kits. We permas still enjoy Swirling; part of it for the fun, and part of it to see the addys; these give us a good idea of what the Main Kit will be. (Just an idea; the entire kit is a secret until Reveal Day.)

Thanks for all the info Peggy…veddy interesting…I'll be swirling right along with you all eventually. Yes that Rendevous kit is gorgeous. I love vintage anyway so this is right up my alley.
                      So do the add on kits come out before the main kit and when in the month does the main kit come out…I thought it was at the start of the month and that I would be way behind getting my Sept kit now….so much to lea lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.