Home Forums Scrap Chat Pub Calls – Toots Go Home on a Post Card

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

My Feb Sketch Challenge Walking Pictures got published on the go home on a post card website. They created a special place on the site scrapbook fun to post it there. As I was creating this lo for the Feb Challenge, I found the watermark Walking Pictures on the back of the photograph so I did some sleuthing on the net to see what that was all about and found the go home on a post card website (which I believe is in England). I started corresponding with one of the editors working on a book called Walking Pictures and told him I was scrapbooking and was interested in this type of photograph and wanted some information about it to joual on my lo. He asked me to send him the photo to may be used in his book, and then asked me to send him a copy of the layout when I was finished. I sent him the finished lo not really thinking it would get published and sometime later he contacted me and told me it was posted on the site. He said he didn't think people did this type of craft in the old school method because of digital scrapbooking. Anyway, as Jrab has said, it's kind of neat to know that another venue would be interested in scrapbooking. If I knew how to attach the link to go home on a post card, I'd add it. Maybe I'll figure that out later and post it if your interested. Toot! Toot!

http://gohomeonapostcard.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/scrapbook-fun/

Here's the link…hope I did this right.

Snagg1
      Send PM

That is so awesome Joyce!!!! Congratulations to you. I can't wait to hear what you lea.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

That is way cool Joyce!! Those are the coolest pictures, those walkies.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Joyce, how cool is that!!!! Love that LO & love the reference to the old school method!!!!

How absolutely fabulous is that Joyce!! Congrats! And yes, your LO is worthy of a BOOK COVER!!! So beautiful11

Thanks ladies…here I was too chicken #$*! to even consider answering a call for SNR because I thought it was to early for me to determine what my style is because I don't have enough layouts in my arsenal to consider being someone who knows what they're doing. And to find I inadvertently got published, blew me away. If any of you do visit the site, please leave a comment….who knows may be there's a place for us there outside of the scrapbook world.

That is such a big deal and such a cool LO. I am not surprised he appreciated it's beauty and value to his project.
          That is just amazing. Congrats

Snagg1
            Send PM

That's so great!

How cool! And it's so funny he called it an old School craft!
            Congrat's Joyce you deserve it!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

that is awesome!!!!!!!! WTG girlie 🙂 so proud of you 🙂

Congratulations!! How cool is that?? Way to go Joyce!

Sooooooo Awesome, Joyce! Congratulations!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I've got a walkie picture of my grandmother and her sister on the street in Fort Smith. They're leaving the doctor's office where my grandmother just found out she was pregnant with my mom.

I need to scrap it up, for sure. Maybe this weekend at retreat I will. 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Congrats Joyce !! the LO is beautiful!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.