Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Good Friday tornadoes

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Well, it has been quite interesting in STL! We had an F4 toado touch down at the St. Louis airport and destroy the entire C terminal. A plane full of passengers was pushed down a few gates and almost went through the concourse. The airport was shut down for about 24 hours. Only 8 flights were allowed in the first night. Now it is up to 90% with flights in/out.

Then an F3 and F2 hit elsewhere–all urban areas. Normally that does not happen but some thunderstorms came in and dropped a lot of moisture on downtown which just fed the storms with all the twisters. Normally, urban areas are drier and cause storms like that to die down.

My poor honey got called in Saturday. He was told to pack a bag since they don't know when they will get to come home. He worked over 12 hours on Easter Sunday.

He has been the perfect scrapper's hubby and is taking pictures for me. Here are some…

[img:width=600&height=449]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1303769772_5_FT0_cimg02962_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=449]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1303769902_5_FT0_cimg0279.2_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=449]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1303770005_5_FT0_cimg0309.2_.jpg[/img]

I saw pics of this on the Today show this moing! Glad you are O.K.! What a great guy to take photos for you!!!

OMG!!! That is horrible! Is it a rarity to have toados in STL? We expect them here, but not in STL!! What does your Sweetie do??? Fires, toados, floods, earthquakes….pretty spooky! The toados did get good coverage on national TV. I was in a toado when I was 6….and it's scary!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I saw this too. So good to know you are safe. Glad hubby made it through work ok.. He gets kudos for taking pics for you.

He works for Ameren so he has been out for hours clearing trees from electrical lines so another crew can come in and restore power behind him. He just called after working 12 hours again today.

I'm guessing that's a power company?? Please tell him to be safe! That looks really dangerous with all those downed lines. It's awful!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Holy cow Jan. Those are some scary photos. I watched a video on Yahoo that is from a camera inside the STL airport and it shows the toado coming through. It made me think of you and I am glad to know that you are ok.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wow, glad you are safe!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Yep, Debbie, Ameren is the electric company.

Lisa, I saw that video, too. It is still amazing that there were only minor injuries with all the devastation that we have here. Roger said that what is being shown on TV does not even come close to depicting what he is seeing.

holy crap Jan!!! SCARY!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

It's been all over the news here. Its SO Scary!!! DH and I were just talking about how terrible the storms have been this year. I'm so glad you're okay!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Holy crap, Jan! Crazy pics! It's amazing there weren't any fatalities!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I saw that video on the news Friday night. Jan, so glad that you're okay!!!!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Jan, glad you are safe. Toados to the east of us last night, but I live in toado alley.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.