Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Great find!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm back home now from my daughters. I just wanted to show off the great bargain I found at a thrift store that my sister and I went to, (well actually my sister found it, lol). I love going to thrift stores to see if I an find any cool things for scrapping or other things, so my sister and I went to one the other day. We were just digging through little baskets of stuff (like earrings, brooches etc) and my sister came across these and asked if they were anything I could use – I'm like Yay! The little package they were in was marked 50¢, it's just gold colored thin metal and when I opened it at home there was four of them – woohoo, my best bargain of the day. The one on the bottom left I've tued upside down so you can see how it's not flat but hollowed out so you could actually fill it with something so it's like a cast. I was just wondering if anyone would know what the best think to do use for that and if I should put like oil or something on the metal first so once it's dry it would pop out easily.

[img:width=350&height=184]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1334965245_1061_FT0_cherubs.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

What an awesome find!! I can't get jewelry finds like that in Virginia, but when I visit MIL in Arkansas it's dirt cheap!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Steph, that IS awesome!!!!!
          I've never done any kind of molding, would oil seep into you medium? I hope someone can answer this, I'd love to see what you'd end up doing!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

great find.!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

fun find!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Super cute!! I paint them white and patina them a bit.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Cool….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.