Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Grunge board vs. Cricut

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Has anyone cut grunge board with the cricut?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

nope! never don that! rarely ever even use my cricut anymore. Guess I'm lazy!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I think you need a different blade for it, i think there is a chip board blade?

Snagg1
          Send PM

You need the deep cutting blade Debbie. The normal blade won't work. I've done it once, but my Cuttlebug gets more action these days so I haven't used my Cricut in a while.

Hopefully Meg can answer that for you!!
          When I tried even with the deep cut blade I didn't have good results. Gave my Circut and all the goodies that go with it to my DGD

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Debbie, grungeboard or grungepaper? Forget the grungeboard, it's a lot thicker and while my Vagabond sneers at it, I often had to do a couple of passes with my Epic to cut through. Grungepaper is a maybe CAREFULLY with the Cricut, you do need a deep cut blade and the same settings that you would use for a cereal box. I don't think you would damage the machine, but I don't know about the blade.
            Unfortunately, Meg's a bit under the weather right now, she's our Cricut Guru.

Thanks, Girlies. I just had a thought about a project. I'll go about it in another way. I knew you experts would know the answer.

You can cut really thin chipboard but I've never done grungeboard itself. I have cut grungepaper with no problem and didn't use a deep cut blade. I have heard if you use grungeboard and the deep cut blade you have to multi cut to get a good cut.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Diana, how many passes does it take with grungepaper? I'm reluctant to try because it's so costly…

I did it with one cut no problem with the grungepaper.

I too have cut grunge paper with my Cricut with no problems what so ever.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.