Home Forums Scrap Chat CHA – New Product Releases Guess who's NOT in Chicago????

This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

That would be ME!

What a day from hell! I spent all day yesterday (when I should have been packing) over at a dear friend's house who was trying to help me get my computer to work with Ustream. After 6 hours and a lot of past and present problems with my computer, it was decided with finality that my computer is SHOT. This is not good news when it's 7:45pm on Sunday and I have to be on a plane at 6am with a WORKING computer ready to go live with a Ustream class. So, with 15 minutes to closing time I raced to Best Buy to buy a new laptop. (grumble grumble).  Got home and spent the next 4 hours transfering files and loading necessary programs. At midnight (ish) I FINALLY was able to get into my studio and get the USTREAM kits packed and shipped, as well as getting the Chicago class kits packed up and ready to go to UPS to ship to the hotel. The hands on the clock were speeding out of control as I was crazily throwing supplies into boxes and bags and Lord only knows where else! At 4am I finally called it quits in the studio and RAN LIKE A FLASH to my room to throw piles of clothes into a suitcase, grab a quick shower and get the hell out of dodge. No biggie, I can sleep on the plane right?

WRONG! 

Got their 44 minutes before my flight was to take off. Apparently American Airlines (assholes) have a 45 minute cut off. Even if you are ONE minute past their cut off, you don't get to get on your plane. *smile*  So I was bumped and now will be leaving tomorrow moing to go join my girls in Chicago!

Lucky Kim though – she's going to print out my badge and go take my Timmy class this moing!

I'm going to bed now my lovelies!  Please keep good thoughts in your head about my maybe getting there TOMORROW! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awful!!! So sorry hon!

:-(

Snagg1
        Send PM

Sucks is too nice of a word for what just happened! How frustrating. So sorry that all happened. Let's just hope that the rest of your trip will go well because you got all of the crappy stuff out in the beginning.

Call me if you need me to do something for you. 🙂 XOXOXO

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh Krissy so sorry..what was it your Mom said about Murphy's Law!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Krissy have a safe trip and try and get some sleep!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Krissy…I feel your pain especially about the airlines……have a safe trip in spite of them…..!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Krissy, this is horrible!!!!!! Well, you can get some rest before your next flight, I guess that's a plus, and lucky, lucky Kim!!!!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Aww Krissy, get some rest! The airline rules are crazy these days. Kim, you are so lucky! I can't wait to hear about the class

OMG Krissy!!!! I am so sorry – what a set of misfortunes all the way around. wow – Her's to hoping the rest of your week is fun, amazing and ON SCHEDULE

Oh, Krissy! How awful! Get some sleep and hopefully things will smooth out for you!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Ah man Krissy, that sucks!! Yeah, get some rest so you can be all energize to find us those MOOOST HAVES 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Good Grief! You've been running your hind end off and have to deal with THAT? I'd feel like biting someone's head off! Hope the rest of the week goes MUCH better! Has to, right? 🙂

That's terrible! THe airlines nowadays are unreal….. my mom got bumped from a cross-country flight last month because she wasn't standing there waiting to dash onboard when they called her row. They gave her flight to a stand-by even though the reason she wasn't there right on the second is due to the check-out counter person. She had to pay for a hotel room herself, as the airline said it wasn't their problem. Grrr.

And those computer problems…. enough to make a person pull their hair out!

Have fun when you get to CHA and snag us some yummy new goodies.

Monica

I fly SW, they are nice and you can check in early for like 10 extra bucks and just breeze right through!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.