Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Haven't scrapped since June!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I haven't scrapped in a while. I have kits and time and even mojo occasionally, but you know what I don't have? I camera! STILL!! It is driving me bonkers and I don't have enough dough to get a good DSLR (which I desperately want) and I don't have enough time to research the wide array of PAS cameras to see if any of them are actually decent!

I have wanted a DSLR for about 4 years now and they are so pricey, I feel really bad about even wanting one. Even though I could hone my skills better.

*sigh*

I want to take some recent pics of the kids.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Manda, I don't have a DSLR and probably won't ever have one. I don't have the patience or the inclination to lea all that stuff. I have 2 Sony PAS and they take wonderul photos I took my Italy and England photos with these cameras and am prefectly happy with the results

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Manda, here is a site that you can compare PAS cameras. It has reviews of almost all the models out. I am sure you can find a good one with a decent price point.

I have a canon PAS that takes great pictures and it was under $130. Which is a great deal.

http://www.dpreview.com

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Sorry you're at a stand still Manda. For me, it's hard to get going when I don't have rencent pics of the kids. Sometimes I go through my photo stash and scrap older photos. Maybe you can do that until you get your new camera!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thanks Kim! 🙂

Ang, I have gone through SO many old pics! I am sick of them! LOL

I want a DSLR because I would love to start taking more art photos and maybe do a few weddings…etc. I already know about shutter speeds and etc…but there is a great class I could take here for that if I need it.

I am daft when it comes to cameras!! I want to point and shoot and have the camera do all the work. I have no idea what a PAS is. What is it??

Why not just get an inexpensive PAS for now until you can afford the DSLR that you want…..at least you'll have a means of taking some pictures in the meantime.

I want a DSLR too, but keep on using my trusty PAS until I make the investment in one.

Manda, you don't need an expensive DSLR to get a great photo. A good PAS is all you need. Don't worry about mega pixels unless you are going to want large photo's. My little Fugi was a 3 MP camera and the photo's were soooo good!! Until you're ready for the big guns, get yourslef a great PAS for under 150.00. When I finally bought my first DSLR, the Nikon D70, I did 10 big photoshoots. Made enough money to buy a few prime lens's and the D300. With my D300, I did 5 big Photoshoots to buy 1 new lens and the D800. I am holding out a bit longer because the D300 does everything I need. But the D800 shoots HD video and I want to get into PhotoFusion. So you see, I started with a great PAS and worked my way up. Nothing wrong with that. Nikon and Canon have wonderful cameras in a wide range of prices.
          I feel you about the old photo's. I am sick of mine as well. And I have TONS!! I try to snag some on Gabbies Facebook page. Some of her Instagram photo's are cool. I need to grab my son for a photoshoot. I'll have to bribe him. lol… Same with my husband. I tell him I need some GQ pics, so I will have to dress him Metrosexual style. He ran away covering his ears….Men…They just don't understand!!! lmao…

I am daft when it comes to cameras!! I want to point and shoot and have the camera do all the work. I have no idea what a PAS is. What is it??

Lisa a PAS is a simple Point and Shoot. The camera does all the work for you. All you do is point….and shoot!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Manda I LOVE my DSLR. I got mine during a Thanksgiving sale and i bought a Nikon D40 when they were coming out with the 90…so it was very inexpensive. You can also find them used and then take them to a certified dealer to have it adjusted and cleaned to make sure you are getting the best pics possible.

Also, pixels don't matter with a DSLR…put your money in the glass. This was a piece of advice I received from a professional photographer when I was contemplating getting one and I don't regret the lesser pixel camera at all.

Since you aren't really using your mojo or your time…can I borrow them while you don't have a camera? lol

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Andie is right. You see, I still work with my D300, but before I buy the D800, there is one more prime lens I want. It is 1500.00, but I NEED it. Good Glass is EVERYTHING!!!

Lisa, you had the funds though to initially buy the DSLR….you didn't use the PAS to shoot great pics that then paid for your DSLR. ;)

I will have to check out some reasonably priced and well reviewed PAS….I have had two now that have totally crapped out on me and I am getting to the point where I am not sure if that is a good investment, you know?

And I guess I did do one RR for July…LOL!! So, one page a month….still not a good pace.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I saw your page its gorgeous. I have 2 cameras and always grab the PAS first. So much easier to use. I had a fugi once it does not bounce well. rolled off the top of my car. It was a good camera. lol

LOL!!!

I plan on getting one this weekend. I have put it off enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.