Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Introduce Yourself! Hello from Manic Scrapbooker

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I am so excited that I found this website. It is beautiful, fun, well put together and I have been at this website for 6 hours last night and quit around 4 or 5 and back again today. I am amazed at the growth of scrapbooking. Like others have said I did scrapbooking when it was one dimension and did not have any of the embellishments or kits I see now. I am thankful I leaed of this site from my beginning on Scrapbook.com. I am a retired teacher and widow and found it very hard to scrapbook after my hubby passed. I scrapbooked for my class but after I retired I set it aside. These kits are so beautiful but I am afraid I will buy the kits and not do anything with them. I use to knit and have bags of beautiful yard because I just liked to look at it. I think I am feeling the same way with the paper and embellishments and the kits. I am almost done setting up a craft room and have a place for everything. I just go in there and look at everything. I guess the next step will be to try to do something. I get so manic looking at the beautiful pages in the gallery I don't seem to ever get started, I think I am little afraid. Sorry for the long introduction but it is a bad habit. I look forward to sharing with many of you and new friendships.!amazed

OMgosh….you articulated my sentiments exactly when I found SD. To get started, and my SD sisters will back me up on this, sign up for a challenge. Sign up for Peggy's April Round Robin. Peggy explains everything you need to know on this subject in great detail. You won't be disappointed and all you have to do is lift the previous scrapper's layout and put your own touch to it. Looking forward to seeing you in April's Round Robin.

Snagg1
      Send PM

Welcome to Swirlydoos!!

Welcome to Swirlydoo's! I agree with Joyce, participate in the challenges..this has helped me to grow and feel more confident about my LO's! Hope to see you around!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Welcome so happy to have you join us….and I do mean join as I third what Joyce and Erica have said – join the challenges – do the sketch challenge that comes with the kit. I joined a year ago and I can't believe the change to my style since finding this place.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

welcome 🙂 glad you found us 🙂 I have changed 300 percent in 4 months here 🙂

Snagg1
            Send PM

welcome to Swirlydoos!

welcome!

Hi and welcome!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Kathy, welcome to Swirlys and welcome to the Round Robin!!! I'm so glad that you're taking the plunge, rolling up your sleeves and starting to scrap!!!!
              BTW, if you've been reading the boards, I'm sure that you realize that your buying and hoarding pretties is one sign of a true Savage :p

welcome – glad to hear you jumped in on the RR challenge, it is truely the best way to expand your horizons, and maybe push you to use some of your hoard and be proud of the outcome 🙂

Welcome – glad you are feeling inspired!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Welcome to Swirlyville!

Welcome to Swirlyville and glad you joined the RR. It will certainly get you going! There are other challenges here too so don't be afraid to jump in.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Welcome & just jump in there – I was terrified to submit anything at first, but everyone is so helpful and encouraging – no meaness here except on reveal day~some savages are just that, tee hee. These ladies & man, are so helpful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.