Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrappy Spaces HELP

This topic contains 312 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 314 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

OK. Keep in mind it is right after Christmas and in order to create that illusion of clean I had to tuck some things away. I wish I had a door on my room but I don't. Nothing was put back were it belonged. This is what I see when I walk in.
      [img:width=347&height=508]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325286817_793_FT0_chaos_0011.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
        Send PM

This is left of room. Close your eyes or go to another thread if this is too much for you.
        [img:width=444&height=431]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325286937_793_FT132378_chaos_0022.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
          Send PM

Still left side.
          [img:width=571&height=431]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325287024_793_FT132378_chaos_0044.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
            Send PM

Far Right.
            [img:width=312&height=370]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325287087_793_FT132378_chaos_0055.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
              Send PM

I'm looking up the phone number for whoarder's anonymous…BRB….DOH! It looks eerily familiar…wait, that's Swirlydoos' number! LOL

I'm jealous that you have a room at all.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Right Shelf divides room.
                [img:width=496&height=364]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325287166_793_FT132378_chaos_0066.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Lisa I want want organization help. But don't want to help with my paper issue. Because I cannot get in my room this is where I work.
                  [img:width=341&height=348]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325287268_793_FT132378_chaos_0077.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                    Send PM

There is hope for me. I think. This is the one organizer I use all the time.
                    [img:width=169&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1325287388_793_FT132378_chaos_0099.jpg[/img]

LOOK AT ALL OF THAT STUFF!!!!!! Love it!! Yes, Connie, you need serious help!!! Just like me!! I think I have as much paper as you!! My flower tree (clip it up) is growing by leaps and bounds!! And they are stuffed to the gills!! No More Room!!!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Well, I have a really small space. I share my bedroom with my scrap space. My room is fairly large so I have been able to grab the end 6 foot be 12 foot section. Unfortunately my largest wall has 7ft taken out of it because of a slider, and I have knee walls. Ugh!

I'll tell you that while I was on vacation last week I bought a tool box. It has a bunch of compartments. I am using it for all of my metal doo-dads, and my jewelry findings including loose pearls and things. This emptied out 2 drawers!!

My suggestion is to take one shelf and designate it for something and then start moving around your room organizing piles. Once you see all that you have, you will be in a better position to know what size storage containers and items you will need.

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Great advice keep em coming. I have a lot of stuff I can get rid of. I also have to get the non scrapbook stuff out. My girls have been playing house and there are toys on the floor. Did not take pic of that.

Connie, how big is the room?

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Oh Connie, I am pleasantly pleased…seriously! There's lots of hope for you ;) The first thing that I am thrilled to see is that you have a room to work with! Secondly, you already have a lot of bins, shelves, etc. for storage which is half the battle. Finally, I'm personally thrilled that you don't have a door on the room. I purposely took mine off because I needed the wall space.

So deep breaths. You are absolutely not going to want to hear this, but the first thing that I would recommend would be to completely clear the space and start with an empty room. And yes, I do realize what I just recommended and that will most likely be an entire days project in itself, but it will be well worth it….I promise. If you ever watch any of those organizational shows that is always the first thing that any professional organizational expert or designer will do when re-doing a room. If you're actually willing to do this, one quick tip. Now would be the time to paint the walls if you were even considering a different color. Next, you play the sort and pile game all over your house. I know it is overwhelming, but DEEP BREATH! Remember, like with like and start with big piles and whittle them down. So, for example, maybe put all of the paper in a pile, tools, adhesives, die cutting, embossing, stamps, etc. After you have the major categories start with one and go from there. For example start with the stamp pile. Now, you will want to sort the pile into even smaller piles, for example wood mounted, cling mounted, and clear stamps. When you take it one category at a time it becomes less overwhelming. But this is a very necessary step to do because you would have no way to properly gauge how on earth to organize your stamps if you don't fully know what you're dealing with. Also keep in mind that you can whittle down even further…seasonal, pattes, floral, etc. Next question would be, how often do I use this stuff? Do I need it easily accessible? So maybe after you've sorted all of this you would decide that your wood mounted Christmas stamps will all fit in a medium sized tote and that you can store this higher or out of the way because you only need them at Christmas. I hope this is making some sense.

Then the fun part, start piecing the room back together with your new organized piles. Another idea would be to place a curtain or room divider by the shelves that currently divide your room. You'd be amazed at what a difference just hiding some of the clutter can make. This is the reason I put everything in bins and totes 🙂 I so wish I lived close to you because I already have a million ideas running around in my head for that space, but it's hard to convey in writing. But chin up Buttercup…you've got some GREAT bones to work with and I'm telling you, I fully believe that could be one stunning space!!!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

P.S. Glad to see someone has a bigger paper addiction than me ;) Hee, hee

Snagg1
                              Send PM

The size is 12 x 17ft maybe I would count tiles on floor but I can't see the floor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 314 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.