Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Help with perfect pearls please..

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

How can I make my perfect pearls not look like deformed little Hershey's kisses? I have bottles that are begging to be used….

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Why, Tracey, you don't love to have little nipples on your pages? I thought that was the point of the liquid pearls! LOL!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

It sure is if I use them ;D
          Seriously, I get the same effect. You call them H Kisses, some of us admit that they're nipples. And if I try to pat them down ever so gently, I get a mess.
          I hope someone does have a suggestion, I'd love to be able to use mine.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I don't use mine either!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Well, there are a couple of tricks, but they don't always work for me. One is to shake your paper to even out the dots. The other that I have tried is to use a circular motion and stop squeezing at the bottom of your dot, not the top, if that makes sense.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

BTW, I call them liquid nips! LOL!

I heard if you tap the back of your paper they will fall. It's been hit and miss with me for that but the best option I've tried so far.

yep, tap the back of the page- works for e too.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

This is the reason that I prefer Pearl Maker by Waco or Paper Pen by Viva. The both self-level the top of the pearl perfectly every time.

Here are a few links:
                  http://www.outlinesrubberstamp.com/ecom/categories.cfm?prodType=2&Navsect=2

I think this site is in the UK
                  http://cuddlybuddly.com/shop/b49-paints-pens-pencils-chalks-stickles/934-waco-pearl-maker-pens/

tapping the back always works for me, or the front, but very gently.

I have the Pearl Pens by Viva and get about the same outcome. Believe it or not I use regular scribbles puffy paint and they work better for me. ;D

Snagg1
                    Send PM

thanks-will give those wayward nips another try!

I have also found if you tu on your heat gun and hold it over the perfect pearls (not close maybe a foot or so away) the air levels them out. I also tap the paper from the back.
                    I use mine more for paint tho. I use them to edge flowers and things like that. If you don't have success using them as pearls just use them as paint. 🙂

hhmmm..It was cold out this moing..I wonder if I took the heat gun to my nips if they would level out!!!?? lol.. Seriously..Great tip Lis!!

I have the Pearl Pens by Viva and get about the same outcome. Believe it or not I use regular scribbles puffy paint and they work better for me. ;D

Puffy paint??!! NOOOO!!!!!

;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.