Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Help with removing the leash from the photo

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

My dearest friend has a beloved cat Punky (she doesn't have any kids). Her birthday is coming up, so I thought that I'll give her a framed layout of her Punky (official therapy cat) in the snow as a present. Unfortunately the red leash totally messes up the photo in my eyes.

I've seen what you did with other photos, so I thought that maybe you can help with this photo as well. Is it possible to remove the red leash from the photo and if not, could the color of the leash be changed to make it less of a focal point? Thank you in advance.

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327359853_658_FT0_punky_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Beautiful cat! I can't help, but I know some of these lovely ladies will be able to!

Snagg1
        Send PM

I can work on it later for you. Easy Peasy! I have to head off to work in a few. If Lisa G is around today I'm sure she can get it done for you sooner. 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What a pretty kitty!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Such an awesome shot!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

Niesia, I have it started but the picture is really pixelated. Anyway you can email me the actual photo?

Lisa, that was the actual photo Anita e-mailed me. I'll ask her for the full size (depending on the camera she's got). Thank you for trying.

Anita is a retired Vet Tech and she is volunteering in cat rescues in the neighborhood. She got Punky and two of his siblings at two weeks of age totally sick. She nursed them all to health and found homes for the other two. But this one just stole her heart. He’s really the nicest cat I’ve met. He has his ‘Therapy Cat’ badge and regularly goes to hospitals and nursing homes. He’s got his claws but he’s a really special kitty. He really went thru a lot as a baby but had a great spirit. When Anita got him he had no hair – just sores, he was hours from dying. The first hair he got was a thick patch on a top of his head – hence the name Punky…

I also like the way Anita commented on the photo: “I love to walk in the snow and look at the birds that are flying around!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I tried

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327431143_12_FT137697_1327359853_658_ft0_punky_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Awesome job Angelica! That's a beautiful cat and I love the happy ending to his story. It is so sad how some people treat animals.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

That looks awesome Ang!!

Awesome story about the kitty. both of our kitties are rescues. 🙂

Angelica, THANK YOU so much!!!

I just printed it in a 5×7 format and it looks great. It is a low quality pic, but I don't think it will not matter much on a layout.

If Anita sends me the original may I impose on you to redo it?

I have two rescue cats as well. One is a Siamese female from a kitty mill and a fat, short legged, orange, semi-feral tabby (not the best looking cat…) that nobody wanted because he wasn't cat or kid friendly. Anita insisted on taking us to the rescue and told us that we have to take him… (he's been there for a long time). Well we did and he is a really fine cat – he fell in love with our Siamese female, puts up with my kids, rolls over for my German Shepherd girl and only says go away you …. to my GSD pups!!!

I forgot to fix the part of his fur where the leash messed it up. Here is is refluffed. lol

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327437064_55_FT137697_1327359853_658_ft0_punky_copy_3_.jpg[/img]

I have the same problem with smaller files. This one is OK as long as you arent printing larger than 5×7. I work best on larger files because it gives me more pixels to work with.

Lisa, I just noticed you worked on the photo, too. Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.