Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Hey girls, need some help

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I've decided to join the 21st century and I'm going to retire my flip phone and replace it with something great! What's the latest and greatest out there that you know about? I want to be able to send/receive email, surf the web, post at swirlydoos ;D gasp, I may consider texting….apps, what else does a gal need? dh is going to the phone store today and see what he can lea for me. I find this kind of thing quite tedious so sending my personal shopper out, LOL!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

iPhone just came out with a new version. I have iPhone 3Gs and love it

I love my iPhone4.

Snagg1
          Send PM

I have a Droid 3 through Verizon and adore it! I was told that the Apple operating system is easier to lea. However, a recent side-by-side comparison of the two phones shows them as tied. I went with a Droid because that is what DH has and he kept trying to talk me into getting one and not the IPhone. I figured if I ever had a problem with the Apple then I would never hear the end of it. LOL

I can get gmail email accounts (multiple) including my gmail calendar, texting, inteet access, tons of apps, camcorder, 8mp camera (front and back) It automatically links you with Facebook, if you do that kind of thing, I can access YouTube and Ustream, I can also do skype. Tons of features. I've had it for a few weeks and find myself using it ALL the time.

Good luck!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks Lisa for that review. My step daughter has a Droid also and loves it. Everyone else is telling me iPhone – haven't quite made up my mind….

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I have a Samsung Transform 3G (Android) through Sprint, and it links to both of my email accounts and FB, lets me surf online, Skype, text, takes still photos and video, has access to a ton of apps and a pop-out keyboard. DH has the Evo 4G, which has a larger screen and a superior camera/video set-up to mine… but the original had no keyboard… and I don't like the swipe to type thing. After we got our phones last year, they came out with an EVO that had a keyboard, so that's probably what I'll be getting when I am eligible for an upgrade. If you are looking to do some surfing online, especially typing and such, you really should go to the phone store and try out some of the test models. I'm in the hate to shop for new phones/cars/clothes cause it's such a PITA category myself, but remember that you have to live with what you get, so get what you want and will like.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I have an iPhone 4 and love it. They are releasing the new iPhone 4s next week in the stores! The new one is voice activated and few more things it can do. But it looks just like the iPhone 4 though. If I was you, I would go to the store and play with all the phones you are considering. That way you will know what's easy for you to use. My two year old son knows how to work my iPhone very well and it help in my recent family emergency.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I MISS MY iPhone. We got new phones in January through Cricket (their version of the DROID) to save a little money, and I HATE IT. I went from having a Bentley of phones to a sorry little Pinto. My vote would be for the newest iPhone.

i LOVE my iphone4, can't live without it.
                when i was in Denver, i was able to use WIFI and call home (to Canada) for free.
                the app store is endless, seriously, it's crazy,
                i can surf, it takes phenominal pictures, and facetime is too freakin cool.
                again, can't live without it. i have it on me at all times, including going to the bathroom!! how sad is that??

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

You've got it bad Shell!!!!

I have a TMobile G2x, love love love it! It is an Android platform, which I really like. No complaints.

Oh, and it was rated one of the top 5 Android phones. ;D

The speed and all that depends on your data plan.

I also have an iphone 3gs, but holding out for iphone 5, crossing my fingers for this xmas. Both DH and I cannot live without our iphones. And he's not tech saavy once so ever but boy did he lea quick how to use his iphone.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thanks everyone for weighing in on this. I guess I am leaning towards an iPhone, the new one that is expected on the mkt in the next few days but have to see what my personal shopper has to say, LOL!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I guess i'm the oddball here. I have a Blackberry Torch and love it. I am a crackberry, I have had 3 and loved them. I can do everything, plus it's a touch screen and has a full keyboard The camera on this phone is 5mp and takes good photos. I hardly ever use it since I always have my camera. It even has apps, they are much better than they were in the beginning.

Blackberry has just released a newer version of the phone I have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.