This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for almost a week now, 5 days, 12 hours, 18 minutes, 22 seconds ago :o)
    I figured it was time to introduce myself.
    General stuff…I am 45, married 27 years, 3 kids 23, 19 and 18. The kids are all out of the house so we are empty-nesters with 2 extremely active cats. I live in the middle of nowhere and like it that way.
    Scrapping stuff….I started out as a stamper/card maker almost 20 years ago. I swore I would never scrapbook…too much stuff, not enough time…yadda yadda. I was wrong.
    I haven't done a lot of pages…still trying to find my style. I tried to be the noble scrapper…to just get a lot of pages done and preserve my family memories. But, bottom line is that I am in it for the art and creative outlet. I still think preserving those memories is a great idea…but it's not why I do what I do.
    I found Irene Tan's blog a while back…was totally blown away by her style and have been following her blog ever since.
    I have read about Swirlydoos several times…but didn't ever really look into it. I was in a kit club once, but I realize now, it was sooo not my style.
    I'm not sure where I saw it, but I saw Finnabair's LO from the last kit..Dream…and it was all over but the cryin'. I came to this site…saw more of the amazing talent and inspiration here…and I joined right then and there.
    What I see oozing from every layout here is what I think my style is. I love to smoosh ink around, I love Distress Inks, I love cutting things with my Cricut, I love messin' with inks and flowers and swirls and bling….and yep…I think I have come home.
    I have been spending nearly every spare minute trying to absorb everything here at Swirlydoos. I have ideas swirliing in my head. I dream about color combinations and layouts…I'm just so excited I can hardly stand it!!
    Soooo glad I found you all!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

LOL! You are going to fit in just fine. Welcome to Swirlydoos!

Welcome, You will love Swirlyville!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

LOL…yep..Lisa is right, you'll totally fit in here!! Welcome to the family!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Welcome to Swirlyville! Sounds like you are gonna love it here!

Welcome here!

Snagg1
          Send PM

welcome!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Welcome, Stacy!!!! So glad that you've decided to stay and play, can't wait to see what you come up with!!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Welcome.

Welcome to Swirlydoos, Stacy! It is a wonderful place!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Yay Stacy!!! so glad you are here and that you jumped right on in!! I'm a little late with my welcomes, but I'm always late, so that makes me right on time!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

A belated welcome Stacy!! We're glad you're here.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Stacy, already spoken like a true Swirly Savage..In the most endearing way!!! Welcome to our creative nest. Pick a perch and hang with us!! you will surely be inspired!! And I am sure we will be inspired by you!! No empty nest here!!!

welcome.jpg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.