Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Hobby Lobby virgin

This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

So, we are getting a Hobby Lobby-new territory for me and I'm a seasoned shopper. Can anyone fill me in? Do they give out coupons? Do they take competeters coupons? Any special lines that they carry for decent prices??!

go online to their website and sign up for the weekly advertisement-typically includes a 40% off coupon (good for one item). They don't take competitor coupons. The one here carries Spellbinders, TH stuff, BG stuff, Cricut crap, and some Prima.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

They are closed on Sundays , and close at 8PM on other days…unusual for retail in these parts. Can usually find a coupon in the Sunday paper with their advertisement usually found in the Home&Life section.

closed on Sunday? weird.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

closed on Sunday? weird.

They are a Christian store. Gospel music plays as you shop. It's kind of weird.

I'd still love to have one by me. Heard great things about them.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I loved HL when I lived in Denver, none where I live now and i do miss it!! In addition to their scrappy dept. they have lots of other craft stuff and fun home decor items, and lots of seasonal stuff that goes on sale and you can get some good buys.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Yep, Christian owners so not open late, Sundays, and some holidays. Which is something I would love to have in an employer. They want their employees to be able to spend those days with family. We have an appliance chain that does the same thing here so I guess I didn't think much about it.

We have one here, but I don't go too often. Typical 40% off one item coupon but I prefer Michaels..they've been offering the 50% off coupon lately but online, and I've been making out like a bandit! Yay!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

[quote]
              closed on Sunday? weird.

[/quote]
              hehe

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I have found that if I go in later on Saturday I sometimes get not only the sales that end Sat. but those that start Mon.

[quote]
                closed on Sunday? weird.

[/quote]

just like Chick Fil A

Ours has a coupon in the paper every week. I respect the fact that they are closed on Sundays/holidays for family..but dammit..that is the only time I have to shop!!! lol I like their stuff better than Michaels. HL seems to carry more Tim stuff and better items than our Michaels.

My HL isn't very good in the scrappy dept. neither is my Ms

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

The one I go to (near Akron) is really really big….every dept is huge….they don't have much Timmy stuff however….but sometimes you can get a good scrapbook deal with their coupons…long long time ago…..all stores were closed on Sundays….it was called the 'Blue Law'……times certainly have changed…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.